Trouble installing Birdiesync 1.7.0.3

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
chrissi_ol

Trouble installing Birdiesync 1.7.0.3

Post by chrissi_ol »

Hi,

after a sunbird 0.9-update my old Birdiesync didn't work anymore with my wm6 htc. So I wanted to install the 1.7.0.3 version of Birdiesync. But during the installation process I got an error warning: "An error occured while cleaning extension cache". After that the installation progress stopped without installing BS on my mobile. On my PC BS semms to be correctly installed - I can configure it with Sunbird or Thunderbird. But everytime I connect my mobile to the PC BS says that it's not correctly installed on the mobile (because the intallation process went down before installing).

I tested an older version of BS. That ist installed correctly on the PC and the mobile but doesen't work with sunbird 0.9.

Any ideas how I get the sync back to work?

Thanks!

Chrissi
PC: Win XP SP 2, Tunderbird 2.0, Sunbird 0.9
Mobile: HTC P4350, WM 6

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Trouble installing Birdiesync 1.7.0.3

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you please send to support(at)birdiesync.com the following files:

Install.log located in:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\BirdieSync\Log
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")

Thunderbird profiles.ini located in:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\Thunderbird
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")

Sunbird profiles.ini located in:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Sunbird

Thanks.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Trouble installing Birdiesync 1.7.0.3

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

The definition of the profile path in your Thunderbird profiles.ini is incorrect:

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=C:\...

You profile path is defined as relative (1) and your path is not (full path beginning with C:\)
Change to "IsRelative=0" then relaunch the installer.
Birdy