Hundreds of worthless contacts on my phone

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
NameZero912

Hundreds of worthless contacts on my phone

Post by NameZero912 »

Hi there ;)

I have the following problem: I decided to synchronize my contacts and events of my computer with the ones of my smartphone. After I did this, I found out that I have a massive amount of contacts on my smartphone, named "," (no first and last name), basically contacts that consist only of email addresses to which I previously wrote an email answer in thunderbird. However, I actually use my smartphone ONLY for phoning. This means, that I actually only intended to have only the contacts synchronized that actually contain at least one phone number as well.

Questions:
1) How can I get what I actually need (only synchronize contacts that make sense on a smartphone, and not "email address only" contacts in my address book on PC that don't even have a name assigned to it)? Would this belong into the suggestions forum?
2) How can I effectively and manually delete the massive amount of useless contacts on my smartphone?

Greetings,
NZ

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Hundreds of worthless contacts on my phone

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you tell me in which address book these addresses with only an email are located ? Is it in "Collected addresses" ?
Thanks.
Birdy

NameZero912

Post by NameZero912 »

Hi.

No, these contacts are in my personal address book. The "Collected address book" is empty.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

By now, there is now particular option to only synchronize contacts with a phone number.
For the moment, what I would suggest is to classify your contacts in 2 different address books and to only synchronize 1 address book (containing phone numbers).
If you move your contacts which don't have a phone number to another address book which is not synchronized, they will be removed from the mobile device at next synchronization.
Birdy