Sync only in one direction

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Joska_59

Sync only in one direction

Post by Joska_59 »

Hello
after installing mobile master (birdiesync is running too) to sync TB, PPC and handy, the (birdie)sync of TB and PPC is possible only in one direction, from PPC to TB. I changed the calendar vom storage to mycal.ics. Sync from ppc to tb on destop is possible, but anything changed on desktop or into MM does not effect the ppc.

After 8 hours of reading any reachable information, I'll give up ;-)

Does somebody understand this problem?

TB 2.0.0.17
BS 1.7.0.4
Add: new information; it seems to be a one direction sync in differnt issues. If I add an event on ppc, immedietly I can see the change in lightning an desktop pc. If I delete an event in lightning, after next sync it is deleted on the pocket pc, but if I add a date in lightning, nothing happens to the calendar on ppc.

Joska

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Sync only in one direction

Post by Birdy »

Hello Joska,

First of all, there is no synchronization in real time from the desktop to the PPC (you must manually launch the synchronization).
Then note that if you create a "whole day" event on the desktop, then synchronize it, you won't see it in the MONTHLY view of the mobile device.
Refer to this faq topic for more explanation.

Do you have the problem if you manually synchronize an event with a start and end time ?
Did you define a period of synchronization for events ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Joska_59

Post by Joska_59 »

Birdy wrote:Hello Joska,
Do you have the problem if you manually synchronize an event with a start and end time ?
Did you define a period of synchronization for events ?

Thanks.
Hello Birdie

I think, I'd launched the pC->ppc-sync manually, if no automatic sync starts. I'd choosed sync unlimited into birdiesync options.
The hole-day events I'd never seen in monthly, nor in daily view. Vice versa, I see both in TB/Lightning.

I have these prolems with all events, I add in TB, but with none, I delete. After deleting one event in ppc, after next sync, it is deleted in TB, after deleting an event in TB, it is deleted after next sync in ppc. Don't know, if I do explain it correct.

The question of defining a sync period; I'd choosen none, let unlimeted as it had been after first installation.

Enough information for the next tstep?

Kind regards, Joska

Joska_59

Post by Joska_59 »

Stop searching and working for my problem, I'd solved it, but not proud about; a long time ago, don't know why and when, I set a filter to the contacts in the ppc. I found this randomly, and after switching off this filter, sync was correct in both ways.
Beg your pardon, wish you further success with BS. Joska