MODIFICATION_FAILED message

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
brambo67

MODIFICATION_FAILED message

Post by brambo67 »

Hi,

Since a week I get the message; 'MODIFICATION_FAILED' when syncing. I use a HTC TyTNII, a HTC Touch Pro both on MS Mobile 6.1 and sync them with Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 and Lightning 0.9 on a HP Compaq 6710b running MS Windows XP SP3. All has worked well in these configurations.

brambo67

Re: MODIFICATION_FAILED message

Post by brambo67 »

When the above happens, my Calendar goes into 'Read Only' mode.

This is my error message: The file file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Eigenaar/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/46wixt3o.default/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/components/calItemModule.js -> file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Eigenaar/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/46wixt3o.default/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/js/calCalendarManager.js cannot be found. Check the location and try again!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

brambo67

Post by brambo67 »

Hi Birdy,

I sent the logfile

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I think there is a problem with a particular event:
Subject = 'Met...'
Start date = 27/06/2008 07:30:00::0000
End date = 27/06/2008 16:00:00::0000
(the times could be +/- 1 hour)
This recurrence has a end date defined: 27/06
And a delete occurrence: 27/06

This particular configuration causes an error with the Google Calendar Provider: it's possible to reproduce manually the problem with a similar event: a recurrence with an end date which only allow a unique occurrence. Then delete this occurrence: you will get an error. I suppose this behavior is caused by the unique occurrence which is deleted. This problem doesn't occur if you do it directly in the Google calendar.

So I suggest you to remove this event from your Lightning calendar.
Birdy

brambo67

Post by brambo67 »

Birdy,

I tried your solution but couldn't find an event dating June 27th. What I since then have found out is the following;

I removed my Google Calendar from my Lightning Calendar.
I set my local calendar (for tasks) as default
I close and restart Lightning again
I then have an 'empty' (without events) Lightning calendar
I sync the device with Lightning and everything works
I disconnect the device
I add the Google calendar again in Lightning and set it as default
I restart Lightning
I then have a 'filled' Lightning Calendar again
I sync the device, everything works well again
I add an event through Lightning; no problems
I add an event in my device and sync; problems!
After the sync-action I get the message again and Lightning shows a 'read only' icon behind my Google Calendar
The appointment made in the device then appears twice in Lightning
I remove the appointment both in Lightning as well as in my device
When I add an appointment in Lightning, it appears in Google Calendar as well as in my device (after syncing)
I then try it again, same again. Event appears in Lightning after syncing but not in Google
ActiveSync/BirdieSync tries finding changes on 'events' and then shows the error message again that writing to Google Calendar didn't work and the 'read only' icon in Lightning appears again
I remove the event from my device and still the error returns in Lightning
I then manually set my Google Calendar to read AND write in Lightning and remove the event manually in Lightning
The event has disappeared in Lightning AND Google. No syncing errors then
When I add an event in the device WHEN connected to the laptop; also no problem...

So the error appears when a new event is entered into Ourlook Mobile and then is connected to the laptop. The error message appears, the event is shown TWICE in both Lightning AND the device. However, Lightnings is showing the 'Read Only' icon for the Google Calendar and events cannot be opened, changed or deleted. When events are manually deleted on both Lightning AND the device the syncing error is gone. Both devices (TyTNII AND Touch Pro) cause the same error.

The following error is shown in BirdieSync console:
The file file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Eigenaar/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/46wixt3o.default/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/components/calItemModule.js -> file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Eigenaar/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/46wixt3o.default/extensions/{e2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103}/js/calCalendarManager.js can't be found. Check the location and try again (I translated parts od the text from Dutch to English) I also submitted the corresponding log files by mail to support.

Hopefully this helps...

brambo67

Post by brambo67 »

No one any solutions?

oldboy67

Post by oldboy67 »

brambo67 wrote:When the above happens, my Calendar goes into 'Read Only' mode.
I have the EXACTLY same problem with (two) events :(

I'm using a TYTN II syncing with BirdieSync 1.7.0.4 against Lightning 0.9, ThunderBird 2.0.0.18 and Google Provider 0.5.1

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@brambo67: I sent you a mail about your problem

@oldboy67: If not yet done, could you send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com (built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..."). Thanks.
Birdy

damsfx

Post by damsfx »

Hi all,

Just have the same problem, solved by setting alarm offset reminder different of 0 (default option in my PPC calendar app) .

Damien

oldboy67

Post by oldboy67 »

Birdy wrote:@oldboy67: If not yet done, could you send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com (built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..."). Thanks.
Done :)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 1.7.0.5 was released which fixed various problems with the Google calendar provider.
Birdy