Just want to synchronize mail

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
countchocula

Just want to synchronize mail

Post by countchocula »

Hi There,

I'm interested in using Birdiesync to download my TB mail onto my WM6 device. I have other programs I use for contacts and calendar. Hence, I don't have lightning installed. Is it possible to do this? (It'd be ideal to get my contacts from thunderbird sync'd also, but i want them separate from my usual contact list). And, how does the synchronization work if I end up actually checking emails with my mobile device?

thanks,
allie

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Just want to synchronize mail

Post by Birdy »

Hello countchocula,

Yes it's possible to use BirdieSync to synchronize cards or mails even if Lightning is not installed.
What to you mean by "checking emails" ? Downloading them from the Internet on your mobile device to read them ?
Thanks.
Birdy

countchocula

Post by countchocula »

yep - downloading them from the internet directly on the mobile device.

also - i had the most recent version of birdysync installed (trial), and the birdy process (i forget the name) was hogging all the CPU on my ipaq. Any idea what that's about? I had to uninstall it...

thanks,
allie

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

On the mobile device, does \Program Files\BirdieSync\BirdieWatcher.log increase ?
It could be interesting for me to get the logs to investigate the problem. Maybe I will find interesting information in them.
If you reinstall BirdieSync, you can send me the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." (after the mobile device is connected and uses all the CPU).
Thanks.

Regarding mail synchronization, mail downloaded from the Internet on the mobile device are stored in Inbox. But it is recommended to leave them on the POP3 server and then to download them on your Thunderbird Inbox. Note that Thunderbird Inbox is synchronized with a "T-Inbox" folder (note the prefix) on the mobile device.
All the mails sent on the mobile device will be synchronized in Thunderbird Sent folder.
Birdy

countchocula

Post by countchocula »

ok - thanks. first off, i use IMAP. So, if i download emails on my mobile device from the internet, and then synchronize with TB, will TB put emails in its INBOX which it finds in the mobile T-Inbox? Just want to avoid nightmares before they happen.

thanks,
allie

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Here is an extract of BirdieSync help file:
The Thunderbird "Inbox", "Sent" folder and other IMAP first level folders will be synchronized with a "T-" prefix before their name. This is to avoid conflicts if you decide to access to your internet IMAP account from the mobile. If you do, you could download some messages fully or partially (only the headers or without the attachments) in the mobile folders. To avoid the creation of duplicates in Thunderbird or the removal of some messages, the folders synchronized from Thunderbird were prefixed with "T-" to make them independent from the mobile folder directly synchronized with the IMAP internet server.
I suggest you to have a look to the "Mail synchronization" topic in BirdieSync help file.
In any case, I recommend you to backup your data before synchronizing.