changing one occurance on recurring event does not sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jtmedma

changing one occurance on recurring event does not sync

Post by jtmedma »

Hi,
My setup;
cell phone: pantec pn 820 using windows mobile 5.0 (5.1.478 w/ messaging & security feature pack).
Laptop running Vista using Mozilla Thunderbird ver 2.0.0.19 using Lightning.
Have it syncing from PC to mobile device only

Problem:

Created new event on Pc side (Basketball practice, time 4:15 -6:00, repeats every work day (M-F) until March 2009 with 5h reminder on). I sync it and everything is syncs fine with mobile phone.

Then, again on the PC side, I go in edit one occurrence(ex. on Wed changing Title: Basketball practice to Basketball Game,
and the time from 4:15 - 6:00 to 5:00 - 6:30), I double click on the occurrence I want to edit (Wed), since this is a repeating event it asks If I want to edit this occurrence only or all occurrences. I selected edit just this occurrence made my changes that I specified above and save it. The changed event appears in Lightning(PC), when I sync with mobile phone which syncs with unresolved errors (about 2), but it never changes on mobile phone. (Tried deleting the one event off the mobile phone then sync but it just comes back to original and changes are not recorded on mobile phone).

Thanks for any help

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: changing one occurance on recurring event does not sync

Post by Birdy »

It seemed that there was a particular problem with the event preventing it from synchronizing (leading to an unresolved item). After the event was deleted, it worked properly.
Birdy