Sunbird Crashes during Sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
docdavies

Sunbird Crashes during Sync

Post by docdavies »

Love the program...and it does work well...sort of.

It seems that at least part way through sync (Samsung Omnia) Sunbird crashes...some info gets transferred some doesn't.
Thunderbird sync seems fine. It did ask be during installation where Sunbird was and did not seem to take it well when I tried to manually enter the info.

Hope you can help since the program seems great and it certainly beats having to use Outlook....both Thunderbird and Sunbird...not to mention Open Office and anything that sticks it to MS, are my mainstays.

Thanks,
Doc

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Sunbird Crashes during Sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello Doc,

Could you please confirm that you use Sunbird 0.9 and BirdieSync 1.7.0.5 ?
Thanks.
Birdy

docdavies

Post by docdavies »

It is Sunbird 0.9 and I downloaded birdiesync this afternoon from their site...how do I find version now that it's been installed?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

The version number is available in "Tools/BirdieSync/About" menu in the last version of BirdieSync.

If you have an older version, this menu could be missing. You can then have a look to Thunderbird/Sunbird add-on list and check the version number which is displayed. But note that in some very particular cases (after a BirdieSync upgrade), this number is not always accurate because of cache problems in the extensions manager.
Birdy

docdavies

Post by docdavies »

I seem to have version 1.7.0.5 if that helps

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I sent you by email a new version which includes a fix to prevent a crash when some events have an incorrect format.
If this version doesn't fix the problem, I will have to precisely identify the reason of the crash.
Birdy