synchronization-logfile

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
freshconcept

synchronization-logfile

Post by freshconcept »

hey folks,

i got a question about the sync process...

when i synched the last time, there was no error message at all.
my preferences were set to pick the latest change either in my ppc or on my desktop.

after the sync process there were some appointments missing on my desktop and in my ppc there was also no appointment shown.

while syncing, in my ppc the calendar was opened...

a) would this be a possible reason for the problem
an
b) is there any log-file created for every synchronized and deleted data?

thanks for a quick reply, coz the appointments are tomorrow :wink:

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: synchronization-logfile

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

To answer your question, I am not aware of a problem that could make your events deleted.

In Pocket Outlook, in the monthly view, all appointments which have a "free" busy status are not displayed (contrary to the daily view). When an "all day" event is manually created in Lightning/Sunbird, it automatically has its busy status set to "Free" (instead of "Busy"). This status can be accessed in the event menu (Options/Show time as). This choice seems to be "by design". By now, the workaround is to change the status to "Busy" when you create an "all day" event in Lightning.
But that may not be your case since you I think your appointments have times.
my preferences were set to pick the latest change
Which preferences did you set exactly ?
after the sync process there were some appointments missing on my desktop and in my ppc there was also no appointment shown.
Could you tell me where your appointments were created the first time ? On the mobile device ? On the desktop ?
How did you launch the synchronization ?
Was it the first time these items were synchronized before disappearing ?

Sorry, but presently, there is no log which traces the items that were deleted.

Could please build a log archive with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." and send it to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy