2 computers, Outlook and T-bird

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
bogusman

2 computers, Outlook and T-bird

Post by bogusman »

What a wonderful tool! I'm very impressed. I'll be buying at least license 1 for my wife shortly, and maybe 2 if I receive an encouraging answer to the following question.

My computer at work uses Outlook - no choice about that really. My computer at home uses Thunderbird/Sunbird. I *could* use outlook at home but I don't want to for obvious (but unspoken) reasons.

I synced yesterday with my T-bird box at home and all was well. I got through at least part of a sync this morning at work but Mobile Device Center (yes, I'm running Vista :( returned an error:

"Synchronization could not be completed because one or more objects were in use. Please close all programs on your device and this PC and try again."

Is it possible to configure BirdieSync on my PDA such that I can sync with Outlook at work and T-Bird at home?

Thanks for a GREAT solution to a difficult problem.

Bo

bogusman

Re: 2 computers, Outlook and T-bird

Post by bogusman »

Well, after some further experimentation, despite the error thrown when I first connected, Outlook and the PDA seem to be syncing just fine. It'll have to wait till tomorrow to see if I can sync at home to T-bird.

Bo

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: 2 computers, Outlook and T-bird

Post by Birdy »

Hello bogusman,

Yes it is possible to synchronize with Outlook on a PC and with Thunderbird/Sunbird on another PC.
Post again if you still get this error while synchronizing.
And don't forget to backup your data before synchronizing as described in this FAQ topic.
Birdy