Birdiesync and Webcalendar

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Schleifmeister

Birdiesync and Webcalendar

Post by Schleifmeister »

Hi Birdie,

do you have any information or solution how I can get Webcalendar (http://www.k5n.us/webcalendar.php) to work with Birdiesync ? I got it successfully to work with thunderbird, reading and writing of appointments but when I want to sync the calendar with Birdiesync it always gets write protected in Thunderbird. I have to delete the calendar directly on the server and in thunderbird to get it to work again.

Help appreciated, if you need more info or debug information please let me know !

TIA

Best Regards
Schleifmeister

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birdiesync and Webcalendar

Post by Birdy »

Hello Schleifmeister,

It it becomes "read only" during the synchronization it's generally because an error occurred while writing an event/task in this remote calendar. If it happens, Lightning locks the calendar.

First check that you calendar is NOT read only. Then after having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Schleifmeister

Post by Schleifmeister »

Hi Birdy,

to make it reproducable I played around with webcalender and lightning and found out that it must be an encoding problem between lightning and webcalendar that obviously leads to the write-protected calendar. Suddenly I found an entry like: "CAL_UTF8_DECODING_FAILED. Description: An error occured while decoding an iCalendar (ics) file as UTF-8"
So I searched the web and found out that UTF-8 support in webcalendar is still a problem although it should have been fixed already. Several issues report of this problem. To whom it may concern I post the link that made my calendar work with lightning and synchronization with BirdieSync ( great tool ;-))

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=103870

Thanks for your time and support. After more evaluation I hope to run my personal webcalendar within my network and able to switch off Google calendar soon ! 8)

Best Regards
Schleifmeister

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the update and for sharing this information with us.
Birdy