Androïd

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Xeno

Re: Androïd

Post by Xeno »

There are some news about the version for Android?

Aesculapius

Post by Aesculapius »

While birdie is working on a new android version, MyPhoneExplorer might be a solution for people. It successfully syncs contacts and calendar between Thunderbird and Android.

bluelotus

Post by bluelotus »

Birdy - are there any news ?

Can anyone confirm that the above - mentioned method is working ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync for Android is being finalized and provides the synchronization of contacts. I hope it will be available soon.
Birdy

bluelotus

Post by bluelotus »

Birdy wrote:BirdieSync for Android is being finalized and provides the synchronization of contacts. I hope it will be available soon.
Thanks for posting the current status.
What about synchronization of events (calendars) and tasks ?

@Aesculapius: MyPhone Explorer just syncs into one default calendar - no go !

cbrocas

Post by cbrocas »

BS is a very usefull extension to Thunderbird BUT birdy, you should improve your communication. 3 messages in 4 months about the BS progress :-( We are all free software users and free software very often provides transparency, roadmap, frequent information about progress. BS may really takes inspiration from that aspect of free software. Users community matters :)

pkfraser

Post by pkfraser »

Any progress on this? Any plans?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I understand it's frustrating not to have an estimated release date and I'm really sorry not being able to provide it. The problem is that things always take longer time that thought at first sight. Simply because very often, important technical difficulties only appear when you are right in front of them. And it's again the case today... I hope that it will be possible to jump over this wall very soon. And again, I hope that the first version for Android will be available soon...
Birdy

Pago

Post by Pago »

Ok, lost my wm6.5 phone, buyed an Android one... now I'm waiting for the release of the Android version...
One question, there will be any discount for who buyed WM versions?
Good work

Pago

hallucinant

Post by hallucinant »

Long time customer I've kept renewing BirdieSync on Windows Phone, but those days of WinMo are over :)
G2 is coming my way next week, count me in if you need beta (alpha?) testers !

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

A new version of BirdieSync 2.2.0.0 has just been released which offer contact synchronization for Android 2.x devices.
You must install BirdieSync 2.2.0.0 on the desktop and download BirdieSync on Android market place.
Birdy

wabik

Post by wabik »

Hello,

Birdy, could you please tell us what is being sync with Android?
Photos?
Address?
e-mail?
phone no.?

etc.

Does it have the same functionality as gcontactsync ??
But off-line?

Brgds,
wabik

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

All Thunderbird fields are synchronized apart from "File As", custom fields and mailing lists. Photos are synchronized. Android contact fields which have no equivalent in Thunderbird are not synchronized. The complete list of synchronized fields is described in BirdieSync help.
Only local contacts on Android are synchronized. Google contacts are not.
Birdy

Pago

Post by Pago »

First of all: THANK YOU!
Now the questions: is it possible to sync with two PC like the "old" WM version? Will in the future be possible to sync also calendar with lightning/sunbird?
And, again, THANK YOU!

Pago

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

You're welcome ! :wink:
Yes, BirdieSync synchronization engine allows you to synchronize with several PCs. Install BirdieSync on both PCs.
If you find any problem (especially knowing that it is the first release for Android), please report them in a separate thread.
Regarding calendars, I hope that it will be possible to provide you this new feature knowing that all the work necessary to develop the Android synchronization framework has already been done for contacts. But as usual, I have no release date to communicate at the moment...
Birdy