Androïd

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
klapanciusz

Re: Androïd

Post by klapanciusz »

Great job Birdy, thanks! How will the upgrading work (from 2.1)? I changed my laptop and my mobile - is my previous key still valid? Will there be a possibility to sync via USB - I am connecting my mobile anyway, to work with my files; therefore it would be convenient. To the contrary, I almost never use WiFi, as I have pretty good 3G coverage around. Well done!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for the words of encouragement ! If you already have a license for BirdieSync 2.0 or 2.1, the upgrade is free. :) Your key is still valid for BirdieSync 2.2.
At first sight, it didn't seem possible to use the USB connection to connect to the desktop so it seemed necessary to use a Wi-Fi or cellular connection. If it's finally technically feasible to connect to the desktop through a USB connection, this functionality will be provided in a next version of BrdieSync.
Birdy

Pago

Post by Pago »

It seems that works really well! Very fast syncronizing, very stable, no issues at all after one week!
The two big things that are missing are calendar sync and sync via USB... but you said that bothe will be done in next releases...
So, good work!

Pago

mort

Post by mort »

Unbelievable that i need to look that long and despaired for a good solution to sync my online .ics calendar file with my android phone without using google in between.
Please keep on working to support Mozilla Lightning syncronisation with androids within the next release. :)
The day this is working as it should, it will be the day I will buy a Birdiesync license. ;)

akalwa

Post by akalwa »

Hello Birdy,

thank you very much for Androïd version of birdiesync.
Installed on HTC Desire (2.2; Froyo). Works very well using WiFi connection.

Unfortunately for you I've already a Birdiesync 2.0 license from my old WM5 device :wink: .
I think I will pay again if calendar syncronization (Lightning) will be added.

Best regards
Achim

Kodachi

Post by Kodachi »

akalwa wrote: Unfortunately for you I've already a Birdiesync 2.0 license from my old WM5 device :wink: .
I think I will pay again if calendar syncronization (Lightning) will be added.
Same thought here - I am so happy with Birdie Sync - still can sync my wm mobile - and now with sync my Desire Z.
When the Lightning feature is available I will be once again in love with Birdie Sync - and I also thought about some kind of donation.

So birdy... keep up this great work :)

tinutac

Post by tinutac »

First of all... I've been using BirdieSync since the very early versions. One of the reasons i didn't switch to Android was because I could not sync it with my Thunderbird Addressbook and with Lightning. The moment I saw that you (the guys at BirdieSync) implemented it for Android too I went and bought my new phone with Android.
For the moment it seems that there's a problem with the contacts that have a photo attached and I don't seem to be able to get the birthdays correctly on my mobile. I don't know if that's caused by my configuration or there are other people that have the same problem.
As the other guys said although I've already bought the 2 previous versions I'm going to make a donation when the sync-ing with Lighting will work.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.3 has just been released and now supports event synchronization with Lightning and Sunbird for Android devices. :)
Although BirdieSync was heavily tested, before installing this new version, it is highly recommended to BACKUP your data.
Please report any problem you may find in a separate topic.
Birdy

tinutac

Post by tinutac »

A promise is a promise :). How can I donate as I only find a buy now button?

Pago

Post by Pago »

Birdy wrote:BirdieSync 2.3 has just been released and now supports event synchronization with Lightning
Another time I have to say thank you!
Sync is perfect and very fast! What can I say? Is really worth what it costs!
Bye

Pago

Lars

Post by Lars »

Wow, just when I need it BirdieSync synchronizes events on Android too. The first try just did perfect. :-)

Thank you very much! I would do a donation too.

Lars

Stephen_C

Post by Stephen_C »

As a long time user of BirdieSync on a Windows Mobile device (which I gave up in favour of an Android phone last year), I'm really delighted to return to BirdieSync and use it with the phone. Contacts and events synchronise perfectly.

Your work is very much appreciated, Birdie: many thanks.

Stephen

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you all for your support ! :D There is no particular donation button. But if you like BirdieSync, the most important is to spread the word and talk about this software to other people to support it. You can also leave a nice comment in the Android Market. :wink:
Birdy

Neo_Dogo

Post by Neo_Dogo »

Birdy wrote: You can also leave a nice comment in the Android Market. :wink:
Don't worry, it's done !!! :D

Lars

Post by Lars »

Birdy wrote:the most important is to spread the word and talk about this software to other people to support it. You can also leave a nice comment in the Android Market. :wink:
Done on Facebook and in the market. :-)

Lars