GOOGLE CALENDAR

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
abricko

GOOGLE CALENDAR

Post by abricko »

I love your product and plan on getting a license soon... however the BIGGEST feature missing is the ability to sync with Google's Calendar.

If this is not possible please make it possible to sync with all (or a checkbox selection) of Mozilla's calendar! The ability to sync with only one calendar in Mozilla's Calendar application is very weak, there are many (remote/google) calendars I subscribe to. It seems like this would be an easy task as you allready have the ability to sync one calendar.

Thank you and I look forward to this.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

For the moment, a direct synchronization with Google Calendar is not a priority although as you suggest it, it could be achieved through Thunderbird.
The possibility of synchronizing multiple calendars will be offered as soon as possible, right after the mail synchronization.
Birdy

desolat

Post by desolat »

Just a short comment supporting that request: There's an extension available allowing the sync between lighting and a google calendar:

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/4631

Maybe that helps getting closer to having a local calendar, a mobile calendar and a web calendar all in sync! I'm really looking forward to that!

Thx, Chris

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

But if you use Google calendar provider 0.2.1, don't forget to patch it as described in this thread and be aware of the current limitations regarding recurring events.
Birdy

AndrewHansen

Post by AndrewHansen »

I have been using the trial version and enjoy the features but would also love a way to sync my Google Calendar through Thunderbird (& lightning) onto my Treo 700wx. Currently I have setup my google calendar feed to be read in Thunderbird with lightning, and the Birdiesync options will allow me to select my Gcalendars but when i sync it takes a very long time to process the events and continues in a loop until i eventually cancel the sync operation. Direct support would definitely be a huge selling point for me. Or even a known work around would be nice.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you confirm that you patched your Google calendar provider as described in this thread ?
Birdy

Dahu l'Arthropode

Post by Dahu l'Arthropode »

Hi.
Just wanted to add my own request to get sync with Google Calendar and, also, with gMail contacts. I once had a piece of luggage stolen with PDA AND laptop inside, and having data on Google servers would have been fine.
Dahu l'Arthropode

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

You were not lucky with your luggage. :(
Synchronization with Google calendar is provided if you install the Google calendar provider extension (with the correct BirdieSync patch) or you may use gcalDaemon to synchronize your Lightning calendar with Google. Gmail contacts synchronization is not provided as it relies on the use of a different technology...
Birdy