SMS - Sync for Android

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Justus

SMS - Sync for Android

Post by Justus »

Hey There
I have just Flashed my HTC Leo with a Android ROM. The sync runs great (over a dyndns)! But I miss the SMS - Sync. Any plans on that? I would really appreciate this Feature for Android especially cause the feature is present for WindowsMobile since one of the early betas...
Best regards
I am using BirdieSync on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:
Gingerbread v2.3.4 on HTC Leo

robb

Re: SMS - Sync for Android

Post by robb »

Just wanted to add my voice to this. I've just moved from Windows Mobile to Android 2.3 and really wish I could still sync my texts...
Handset: HTC Sensation, Android 2.3
Desktop: Windows XP SP3

Justus

Post by Justus »

What´s up Birdie? It is not your style not to react... :mrgreen:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

A lot of things to do. :) Especially with the new beta version of BirdieSync which lead to important modifications to solve some specific problems...
I noted your need for SMS sync. I don't know yet when it could be available. As usual it's a matter of priority... :wink:
Birdy

Justus

Post by Justus »

The priority is high...!
And you are aware of Thunderbird 5? :mrgreen:

Mobile:

pointe

Post by pointe »

I need the SMS sync for my over 500 SMS in my HTC Sensation with Android ;-)

pointe

Post by pointe »

Nothing new with the SMS sync with Android??? :( :( :(

Justus

Post by Justus »

Hey Birdie,
could you give us a status? I am now storing all SMS since April on the device...

Mobile:

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry, this feature is still not available. During the last months, it has been necessary to spend some time on contact and event synchronization and on Thunderbird new versions. I"m aware that you're interested in this feature but I still cannot tell you when it will be possible to synchronize SMS.
Birdy

Justus

Post by Justus »

Come on Birdie! Make one of my days... :D

Mobile:

Justus

Post by Justus »

For the few of us waiting for this feature: I have found a workaround - not very comfortable, but backing up our SMS.

On the Phone:
Make a backup with the App Name: SMS Backup & Restore and send the backup-file to your desktop.

On the desktop:
Install the AddOn ImportExportTools and restart TB. If you right-klick on an folder now, you will get the option "Import/Export ---> Import SMS". In the following dialog choose the SMS Backup & Restore-XML-File.

BE CAREFULL: ALL SMS, sent and recieved SMS will be imported in this one folder!

I hope this will help some of us out!
Birdie, I am still hopefull, you will make it... :?:
Best regrads

Mobile:

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@Justus: I know this feature would be nice to have. :) It has still been necessary to focus on other developments. If only days had more than 24 hours. :wink:
Birdy

Justus

Post by Justus »

Hey Birdie,
honostly; is there any hope? I admit that I do not use BirdieSync anymore. SMS-Sync would be the only reason why. Google does the job over the air...
Best regards

Mobile: