photos contacts

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
pedros

Re: photos contacts

Post by pedros »

I would like to ask... what about this feature?
When can we expect syncing photos with TB?

In the other topic (in june I believe) you said, that it will be available in next version of BirdieSync... so? :)

roman1983

Post by roman1983 »

nothing happend till now?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I know that a lot users are interested in this feature. The address book implementation has been modified a lot in Thunderbird 3. But the problem is that by now, we don't know what the final content of Thunderbird 3 will be and if it will manage photos natively. MoreFunctionsForAddressBook is a great extension but as it is not fully integrated with Thunderbird and photos not stored or referenced in the database, it's difficult to guarantee that a photo is bound to a unique contact or will not be unbound if you modify your contact information (name or email for instance). So it could lead to potential problems during the synchronization.
Birdy

fg63

Post by fg63 »

A-t-on du nouveau sur l'éventuelle possibilité de synchroniser sur le PC les photos des contacts qui sont assignées dans windows mobile ?

Camel

Post by Camel »

Birdy wrote:I know that a lot users are interested in this feature. The address book implementation has been modified a lot in Thunderbird 3. But the problem is that by now, we don't know what the final content of Thunderbird 3 will be and if it will manage photos natively. MoreFunctionsForAddressBook is a great extension but as it is not fully integrated with Thunderbird and photos not stored or referenced in the database, it's difficult to guarantee that a photo is bound to a unique contact or will not be unbound if you modify your contact information (name or email for instance). So it could lead to potential problems during the synchronization.
some news about the last piecs of puzzle to have a full compatible sync between wm6 and thnderbird/lightning ?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta has been released and supports photo synchronization. :) You'll find all the information here.

If you have any installation or running problems, please report them in this thread.
Thanks.
Birdy