Mail sync

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Bing

Mail sync

Post by Bing »

Hello!
I'm trying Birdiesync :)

Birdie, you'll work on mail synchronization between PPC and Thunderbird?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes. It's in the pipe...
Birdy

Bing

Post by Bing »

Great!
If it's so... I'll buy Birdiesync :)

thank you! :)

Bing

Post by Bing »

Fantastic!
Now birdiesync support Sunbird! :)

Any news for mail synch?

Thank you

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Well, it's progressing... :wink:

I would also be interested in knowing in which way you would use email synchronization. Because it seems that with Outlook synchronization, you can synchronize your emails in a dedicated ActiveSync mail account (or renamed E-mail Outlook in 5.0), which allows you to consult them, write new messages but doesn't allow you to send or receive them with your mobile. Is it the case ?
Birdy

Bing

Post by Bing »

Birdy wrote:Well, it's progressing... :wink:

I would also be interested in knowing in which way you would use email synchronization. Because it seems that with Outlook synchronization, you can synchronize your emails in a dedicated ActiveSync mail account (or renamed E-mail Outlook in 5.0), which allows you to consult them, write new messages but doesn't allow you to send or receive them with your mobile. Is it the case ?
I don't know because I don't synch my mail... I don't use Outlook... it's ugly!
I unistall Outlook from my pc :P

gerl

Post by gerl »

Birdy wrote: (...) you can synchronize your emails in a dedicated ActiveSync mail account (or renamed E-mail Outlook in 5.0), which allows you to consult them, write new messages but doesn't allow you to send or receive them with your mobile.
Well I don't know if it's the case, but amha it's perfect way of developpement for birdie synch :D

BloodDragon

Post by BloodDragon »

Any news on when a version with e-mail support will be ready. Cause if it works nice with my smartphone and thunderbird I'll definitely buy this software :D

All I want is to be able to get all the mail from thunderbird on my smartphone to read it on the way.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The development is well under way but is not yet fully achieved. :)
Not long now, hold on !
Birdy

Heavenwalker

Post by Heavenwalker »

It´s nice to hear that you work on a solution to synch the Mails from Thunderbird to a Pocket-PC!

Maybe it´s a spur when you know, that you´ll have one more customer if this function is completed! :D

supik

Post by supik »

Birdy wrote:Well, it's progressing... :wink:

that s exactly my desire, -another potential customer is desperately waiting..

:D

supik

Post by supik »

I dont want to push u, just asking if there is any progress, or shall I start living with outlook express? :?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I would be very sad that you'd finally decide to use Outlook express. :wink:
The next release of BirdieSync will be ready soon. Some little corrections need to be addressed but it is almost done.
Birdy

supik

Post by supik »

Birdy wrote:I would be very sad that you'd finally decide to use Outlook express. :wink:
The next release of BirdieSync will be ready soon. Some little corrections need to be addressed but it is almost done.
thatś great news! :D

..standing by

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Here we go ! Mail synchronization is available in version 1.4.0.0. :D
Please do backups of your Thunderbird or Sunbird profile before using this new version and read carefully the documentation !
Birdy