... for Mac?

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
hondavtec

... for Mac?

Post by hondavtec »

It would be VERY nice to have your tool also for Thunderbird under Mac OSX... I'm already running it under Windows
on an Intel Mac.

BloodDragon

Post by BloodDragon »

yeh, but you don't have active sync for mac, so that would mean a lot more to do

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

As it was mentioned previously, the problem is that the technology used on Mac is different from ActiveSync and is based on iSync. So it would very likely need a lot of work to do this adaptation...
Birdy

fredoo75

Post by fredoo75 »

Birdy wrote:As it was mentioned previously, the problem is that the technology used on Mac is different from ActiveSync and is based on iSync. So it would very likely need a lot of work to do this adaptation...
I have found this making activesync job on Mac:
http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php
but I don't know if BirdieSync works with it....
And run it this Parallels?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for the link. At first glance, it would need a lot of work to adapt BirdieSync to missingSync (if it would be possible to use it).
Birdy

fredoo75

Post by fredoo75 »

An other link :
http://forum.parallels.com/thread2743.html
to use Activesync with parallels

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Well, if Parallels works with Outlook, then maybe it would work with BirdieSync... The constraint would be to also install the PC version of Thunderbird. But the question is to know if a Mac Thunderbird profile can be accessed by a Thunderbird for PC...
Birdy

sunspots

Re: ... for Mac?

Post by sunspots »

Even though I don't currently own a Mac, it will be the next OS I do buy to replace my Windows machine. This could happen tomorrow (heaven forbid) or in the next few years (you never know when your machine will die :( ).

So, I would like to see Thunderbird & Lightning/Sunbird work with BirdySync on the Mac platform.

Maybe you could start a poll to gauge how much interest there is and how many now use Mac & Windows Mobile devices.

Regards

mlakhi

Post by mlakhi »

Yes please. Was using Thunderbird with Birdiesync on my PC very hapily but have just migrated to Mac Pro and REALLY need this.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Now that BirdieSync 2 is working without Active Sync, is it possible to use BirdieSync with MAC Thunderbird?
That would be very great for my dad because he have a new macBook and I want to have Thunderbird on his Notebook.

DoDoMe

Post by DoDoMe »

hi all,

I'm also interested in switching into the mac world - so I also would appreciate a birdiesync for that part of the universe! I will try some options with a friend of mine and give a report soon!

regards

GrafvonZahl

Post by GrafvonZahl »

For a Mac there are interesting options:

1. Get a Nokia phone as a birthday gift. FInd out that Nokia sucks because they do not support Macs in general, that their "Ovi" software only runs on Windows, that there is no iSync plugin for exactly your Nokia phone. Sell the Nokia phone and delete the word "Nokia" from your memory.

2. Consider buying an iPhone. Find out that it costs a fortune. Get crazy when you find out that it is impossible to sync an iphone with anything else than Apple's stupid address book and calendar. They both suck. Big time. Believe me, they are awful. (Fanatic Mac users love them, or course)

3. Use Thunderbird on your Mac. Great software. Until you find out that OpenOffice for Mac can't read addresses for letters out of that, but that's another problem.

4. Ask in a Thunderbird forum how to sync Thunderbird with any mobile phone and ask for recommendations for a phone. People will tell you "get MyPhoneExplorer" or "buy BirdieSync". Find out that both run on Windows PCs only.

5. Ask in a Mac forum how to sync Thunderbird on a Mac with any mobile phone and ask for recommendations for a phone. People will tell you "use Apple's fantastic address book and calendar" and "buy an iPhone" - and nothing else.

6. Consider living without a computer and using paper and a pen again. And a phone box. Just to avoid to go mad.

Are there any other options?

GrafvonZahl

Post by GrafvonZahl »

So, when is this available for Mac? Come on, guys, there are so many people who like their Mac and their iPhone and Thunderbird and Lightning.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I understand your frustration and agree that it would be great to have BirdieSync running on a Mac. As usual, it's a matter of time and there are a lot of features that it would be nice to provide or new platforms that BirdieSync could support. Porting this software to mac requires a new installer, specific adaptations, additional tests, etc. I still cannot tell you when it would be possible to provide such a version.
Birdy

robb

Post by robb »

Well, it's been almost a year since the last update. And this is now something that I'd be very interested in too. So... any news?
Handset: HTC Sensation, Android 2.3
Desktop: Windows XP SP3