Screen name as a "IM" field

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
pedros

Screen name as a "IM" field

Post by pedros »

Why BirdieSync not synchronize field "screen name" in Thunderbird with "IM" in Windows Mobile?
I think this is the same thing...

moesfeld

Re: Screen name as a "IM" field

Post by moesfeld »

BUMP

Any news on this? or custom mapping of fields?
I think it would be a pretty cool feature making BirdySync even better than Goggle Sync.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

BirdieSync 1.7.1.0 was released and supports the synchronization of the Thunderbird "screen name" card field with the Pocket Outlook "IM address 1" contact field. :)
Birdy

moesfeld

Post by moesfeld »

First of all thanks for the great work.

Whops,
I think I read that Thread wrong, sorry.
I thougt of "screen name" in Thunderbird is more like "save as" in Pocket Outlook since in both applications it is the name shown in the list.
But this way is pretty cool allso: I can see the real name as well as the screen name (just that IM in the back disturbs me a bit).

Maybe a fully custom mapping would make everyone happy but I guess that way it is easy to run into errors (e.g. when changing the mapping and then resyncing can produce double contacts)
so some "fixed" fields would be required to identify a contact correctly. (If that is the way the contacts are Identifyed)

But I think I can live with this sollution pretty good.

Thanks for your effords keep up the good work