Thunderbird 3

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
vecino

Re: Thunderbird 3

Post by vecino »

Hi all,
I would like to thank everyone for a great program. Bothers me a long dependency on Outlook. This is the path. Thanks

I currently using TH 3.0 RC1 + Lightning 1.0pre and I want to ask when it will BirdieSync ready for this version. It is possible to try some test version now ?

Thanks and all good

--
Vecino

cakira

Post by cakira »

Hi!

I've installed Thunderbird 3.0 RC1 yesterday. It seems that this release of Thunderbird tries to overwrite the release 2.0, but I didn't let it overwrite the old version because I still need Thunderbird 2.0 to sync with my Windows Mobile Phone.

I hope you publish a new version of birdiesync, compatible with TB3 soon so I can stop using TB2.

Akira

cakira

Post by cakira »

Hi!

I've just discovered that although I installed Thunderbird 3 RC1 in a directory different than Thunderbird 2, somehow Thunderbird 2 doesn't start anymore. Everytime I try to run TB2, I get only TB3.

Since BirdiedSync is not really critical for me in the work computer, I guess I will keep TB3 and wait for BirdieSync's new version.

Akira

scottlynn

Post by scottlynn »

Thunderbird 3 RC1 has been out for a week now. (And yes, I realize that isn't much time) Just wondering if there is an ETA on when a compatible version of BirdieSync will be available?

I tried BirdieSync with TB2 and loved it, but am holding off on purchasing until it supports at least basic syncing with TB3.

tgaastra

Post by tgaastra »

Apparently Thunderbird 3 just released... The auto-updater on one system caught it and reinstalled on reboot... Of course, that system already had the beta on it.

Not sure if the 2.0 system I run BirdieSync on will do the same... OK, no, fortunately for now its not doing so, but still, looking forward to a 3.0 compatible version soon.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta has been released. :) You'll find all the information here.
If you have any installation or running problems, please report them in this thread.
Thanks.
Birdy

Kodachi

Post by Kodachi »

Great work...

I'm going to test Thunderbird 3 and BirdieSync this evening.

Short Question..
I am going to buy the Licence for Thunderbird 3 - so - I do get a new License file? And am I able to use my "Old" licence in case I want to work with Thunderbird 2 again? - just in case

PS: Short notice per email when the Licensing Process for TB3 is up would be perfect.

Finally some Xmas spirit ;) - I'm going to get this as a gift for myself.

Kodachi

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Kodachi,

Regarding the new license, it's a bit early to answer you. More details will come soon. But of course it will still be possible to use your old previous license with BirdieSync 1.x/Thunderbird 2. Happy testing !
Birdy

tgaastra

Post by tgaastra »

Yeah, I'd recommend people be careful with this beta.

It managed to hash up and delete about half my contacts on its first pass, backups were necessary.

I'd recommend passing on it for now unless you're TRULY willing to test it.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes, again although this beta version has been tested a lot before being delivered, BACKUP your data before trying it !

@tgaastra:

Could you please tell me more about the circumstances of the deletions ? What did you mean by "hash up" ? Did you have read only address books (synchronized from PC to mobile device) ? Did you synchronize several address books ? If you examine the synchronization history, what is mentioned in the "Reason" field to explain the deletion of the contacts ? Do you see a common point between the deleted contacts ?
You may answer to these questions in this thread.
Thanks.
Birdy

vecino

Post by vecino »

Ihaaa GOOD JOB !!! perfect :D :D :D

hehachris

Post by hehachris »

Thunderbird 3 has been released. How about a new version for TB3?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello hehachris,

If you wish, you may try BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta which supports Thunderbird 3.0 and Lightning/Sunbird 1.0 . You'll find all the information here.
Birdy

PCservisBrno.cz

Post by PCservisBrno.cz »

Oh, BS 2.0.0.0beta-r is not compatible with TB 3.0.1:(

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

2.0.0.0beta-s now supports Thunderbird 3.0.x
Birdy