SMS Sync

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Paddy

Re: SMS Sync

Post by Paddy »

Birdy wrote:Hello,

Do you have an error message or nothing at all ?
If you create a mail in your SMS Inbox in Thunderbird and then launch the synchronization, is it synchronized on your mobile device ?
Did you check that the ActiveSync/WMDC options "mail" was selected ? (not Outlook "E-mail")
Thanks.
i found out that in a german wm6 the folder gesendet / "send" is gesendete objekte / "send objects"

now it works.. tricky :p

GREAT!

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

again,.. I tryed it with syncing a blanc sms inbox and send box,..

Now I tryed it with my full inbox (194 sms) and full send box (229)
It doesn't sync my "Gesendete Objekte" - I get a msg - 229 Mails not synced.....

When I create in thunderbird 2009 a mail in "Gesendete Objekte" it will be synced on my PDA, but the other 229 sms not,..

Any idea?
Must I move my send mails to another folder or must I mark them unread?!

I see, that all sms in the send box at my pda have 0 kb, but they have text inside,.. maybe this is the problem?

br
Paddy

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Log:

07/02/2008 19:58:39::0121 ERROR: Error while creating Mail object (GetLastError = 0)
Local 07/02/2008 19:58:39::0237 ERROR: Folder not found with path: SMS##%Sent% (GetLastError = 0)
Local 07/02/2008 19:58:39::0240 ERROR: Impossible to find folder for creation = 'SMS##%Sent%' (GetLastError = 0)
Local 07/02/2008 19:58:39::0243 ERROR: Error while creating Mail object (GetLastError = 0)

I also created a folder "Gesendet"

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

so now, it works.

but, I had to create a normal "sent" box and also the "sent objects" / "Gesendete Objekte" and activate in birdiesync= Sync SMS "sent objects" / "Gesendete Objekte".
Then all mails will be in the "sent" box - not as checked in "sent objects".

Maybe you could fix this in a next release?
br
Patrick

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

A few Screenshots:

SMS Account in Thunderbird 2009

Settings in BirdieSync 1660

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Before doing any operation, I strongly suggest you to backup your SMS in Thunderbird or on the mobile device with a tool like PPCPimBackup.

If you create a new account in Thunderbird ("SMS2" for instance), then create a "Sent" (not "Send") folder in it, then restart Thunderbird. What is the new name of this folder ?
Birdy

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Hi Birdy,

In a german Thunderbird a new Account looks like (direct link mozilla)

FYI, the file in my profile via explorer is also sent and sent.msf

Maybe other users can test this before you do any code changes?!,..

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

OK. Your new account seems to have the correct configuration.
It's strange that in the SMS Thunderbird account you have 2 "Sent" folders (when we look at their icons). So here is what I suggest:

The goal is to now synchronize your SMS with a new SMS account:

As mentioned previously, do backup your SMS.

Create a new mail account called SMS2.
Create a "Sent" folder (with this exact name)
Restart Thunderbird: check that it was renamed to "Gesendet"

Disconnect your mobile device
Create additional folders InboxBackup and SendBackup on your mobile.
On the mobile, move your SMS from Inbox to InboxNew
On the mobile, move your SMS from Sent to SentNew
Synchronize your mobile device (that should remove your SMS from Thunderbird since they were moved in mobile folders not synchronized)

Delete your previous SMS mail account in Thunderbird
Rename your new SMS2 mail account to "SMS"
Check that its folders are properly selected in BirdieSync options (Inbox and Sent)
On the mobile, move your SMS from InboxNew to Inbox
On the mobile, move your SMS from SentNew to Sent
Synchronize again your SMS.
Check now that the SMS are properly synchronized (they should have been transfered in Thunderbird)
Birdy

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Birdy wrote:OK. Your new account seems to have the correct configuration.
It's strange that in the SMS Thunderbird account you have 2 "Sent" folders (when we look at their icons). So here is what I suggest:

The goal is to now synchronize your SMS with a new SMS account:

As mentioned previously, do backup your SMS.

Create a new mail account called SMS2.
Create a "Sent" folder (with this exact name)
Restart Thunderbird: check that it was renamed to "Gesendet"

-> this is correct - it renames automatically sent to Gesendet

Create additional folders InboxBackup and SendBackup on your mobile.
On the mobile, move your SMS from Inbox to InboxNew
On the mobile, move your SMS from Sent to SentNew
Synchronize your mobile device (that should remove your SMS from Thunderbird since they were moved in mobile folders not synchronized)

Delete your previous SMS mail account in Thunderbird
Rename your new SMS2 mail account to "SMS"
Check that its folders are properly selected in BirdieSync options (Inbox and Sent)
On the mobile, move your SMS from InboxNew to Inbox
On the mobile, move your SMS from SentNew to Sent
Synchronize again your SMS.
Check now that the SMS are properly synchronized (they should have been transfered in Thunderbird)

--
I receive from thunderbird : can't save your message as draft. please check your account settings.

and from birdiesync - unresolved items

error log:
Local 09/02/2008 20:01:31::0359 ERROR: Impossible to convert body to HTML, result = 0x80004005 (1194240457) (GetLastError = 0)
Local 09/02/2008 20:01:31::0365 ERROR: Error while creating Mail object (GetLastError = 0)
Local 09/02/2008 20:01:31::0573 ERROR: Impossible to create message, result = 0x80004005 (1194240917) (GetLastError = 0)
Local 09/02/2008 20:01:31::0579 ERROR: Error while creating message, result = 0x80004005 (-2147483648) (GetLastError = 0)
Local 09/02/2008 20:01:31::0584 ERROR: Error in stop request, result = 0x80004005 (1194240053) (GetLastError = 0)
Local 09/02/2008 20:01:31::0588 ERROR: Impossible to convert body to HTML, result = 0x80004005 (1194240457) (GetLastError = 0)
Local 09/02/2008 20:01:31::0592 ERROR: Error while creating Mail object (GetLastError = 0)

---
now i created the folder "drafts" and restart thunderbird - after the thunderbird restart it's now renamed to "Entwürfe" and synced again:

and now it works!

maybe the problem was, I had to create after the account a "sent" and "drafts" folder and restart thunderbird!

I did it in past via select in my gmx mail account for moving messages after send the sent folder in the SMS Account and after a sent email, it creates the sent folder in my SMS account.

My Thunderbird 2 SMS Accounts now:

p.s. the date of the sms inbox and sent is not correct (send different days to different times)

[/b]

Paddy

Post by Paddy »

Hi Birdie,

I found out, that at the first sync of the sms inbox, the date and time of every sms is correct transfaired into my thunderbird SMS account.
But during the next sync (reconnect pda) all sms dates are changed to the actual sync time (now for example 11.24 pm)

you can try it if you have for example 20 "old" sms from last week at your pda inbox and sync it - after a second sync all times are wrong. only new incoming sms has it's new date

pedros

Post by pedros »

Hi,

I have some problems during syncing SMS.
After I created SMS account in TB, I had only Inbox and Deleted Items. I created some folders, but TB didn't recognized it's like special ones (because I put names in polish - my fault!) Because of this, BirdieSync created this folders also on my mobile. Now I don't know how to delete this folders... I did this in TB, but they still are on my mobile :/

Also Drafts folder isn't synchronized :/

zabo

Post by zabo »

it worked but I find it impossible to avoid the sms' to show up in the smart folders, clogging them :(
the filter works, but only for the current session, you have to reapply it every time... :evil:
suggestions?

Arnaldo