Uninstall file missing

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
j22

Uninstall file missing

Post by j22 »

How do I uninstall? I attempted to install BirdieSynce but the install did not complete successfully. I want to uninstall but cannot located the uninstall file in any of the BirdieSynce directories. Running Windows XP and it does not show in the "Add Remove Programs" 'wizard' either. The program is there in my tray and it does open but of course does not connect. It is also listed in my Thunderbird add-ons.

After it did not install successfully I belatedly searched the FAQ and found my iPAQ 1910 with PC 2002 is not supported and I found there is no upgrade to PC 2003 available for it.

I'm greatly disappointed.
Thank you for your assistance.
j22

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Uninstall file missing

Post by Birdy »

Hello j22,

I'm sorry BirdieSync doesn't support Pocket PC 2002 device. It relies on some technologies which are not present on these devices.
the install did not complete successfully
When you installed BirdieSync, could you tell me which error you got ?
Did you at least successfully install BirdieSync on the desktop (even if you had problems with the mobile device) ?
Thanks.

Note: this topic will be moved to the assistance section.
Birdy

j22

Post by j22 »

I'm ashamed to say I did not write the error messages down. The same message came up twice as best I recall. It let me press on past and I believe there was a message at the end that it did not install correctly or completely. It does seem to be installed fully on the server (PC) - as least the program does open up. The icons at the top (connected, disconnected, etc.) are all greyed out. I did not attempt to install on the client PDA. Thunderbird does show it as an add-on and I disabled it there.

Should I just delete the folder and attempt to clean the registry with a registry cleaner?

I'm sorry I can't provide more details. I know it makes your job difficult if not impossible.
Thanks again,
j22

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Actually, I think the best solution would be to try to reinstall BirdieSync (try the last version 2.0.1.3). Then when you get the error which prevent from completing the installation (and maybe preventing you from getting the uninstallation file), please tell me the text of this error and send the file BirdieSyncInstall.log located in the temporary directory (could be C:\Windows\TEMP) to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Then once the installation problem is solved, it will be possible to uninstall BirdieSync properly.
Thanks.
Birdy