Who is behind BirdieSync

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
palmfriend

Who is behind BirdieSync

Post by palmfriend »

Sync is a question of how reliable the solution is. Can I trust it, how is the support. So my question is: Who stands behind BirdieSync? A company? How much people word on birdie and the support? At MyPhoneExplorer it's only 1 person who do the whole job. How is the situation at birdie sync?
How quick is the support?

I don't find any information about this. If I pay 20 Euro I have some expectations about support.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Who is behind BirdieSync

Post by Birdy »

Hello palmfriend,

If your main concern is how is BirdieSync support to its customers, I can only answer to you that it's a major focus and that the best is done to help BirdieSync users. If you are not convinced of it, you may have a look at the testimonials on the web site (in "BirdieSync customer service" section), at some comments on the Android market (in french or english) and on this blog page that a user spontaneously wrote regarding BirdieSync support.
Birdy

palmfriend

Post by palmfriend »

Hi, sorry to be so rude in my former posting. At the moment I testet myPhoneExplorer and birdiesync and it looks like birdiesync is much better. How ever I had made some bad experiences in the past with a good solution. It was a one man show too and one days the computer of this person crashed. The man was a good programmer how ever he didn't make backups. So the program was lost.

Birdiesync seems very good in my eyes and reliable, but to get a feeling how quick the process of improvements can be and how safe the future of birdiesync is I found it important to know how many people are behind. If you are really the only person, what happens if you have an accident? OK I have the running app and can backup it my self so nothing is lost. Perhaps I'm a little bit to paranoid at the moment.

How ever how much money must come together so that you make your work open source? I thing this could give a big improvement. This doesn't mean you can't sell it any more. Would be great if you think about it. Perhaps than the situation for
- todo-tasks
- linux-support will then become quickly better.

lpz

Post by lpz »

Hello, be sure that birdysync support is the best I never saw and that's why I buy it !
Best regards

Stephen_C

Post by Stephen_C »

Birdy has consistently provided really excellent support for many years. I used the Windows Mobile version of BirdieSync for a number of years and have just moved to the Android version. In my experience any software problems have been fixed extremely quickly and Birdy has been superbly responsive to any support email from me.

Stephen

ceedub1

Post by ceedub1 »

Following up on palmfriend's concerns, it would be helpful to see a "who we are" link on the page that talks about the people/person who make up the BirdieSync company.
If that doesn't make sense from a business perspective, maybe you could post some sort of privacy policy in regards to the kind of data that BirdieSync has access to when installed on a phone and what it does with that data.

Looking forward to trying this out.

zcomment

Post by zcomment »

I also cannot use this software without knowing the company behind it. Mail contacts, calendar, etc are too sensitive to trust an unknown individual or group of developers. I'll revist the software in the future and may use it if this is more clear.

CandidateNewBird

Post by CandidateNewBird »

Following up on ceedubs comment, I would also like to encourage the introduction of an "about us" page and of a privacy statement, as I ended up here for the same reasons.
I would like to avoid storing such personal information on any cloud - the PRISM-related news during the last weeks just confirmed my opinion, so I would really like to avoid having my personal information distributed to any servers.

Thanks a lot for taking it into consideration!

discover

Post by discover »

ceedub1 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:12 pm
it would be helpful to see a "who we are" link on the page that talks about the people/person who make up the BirdieSync company.
I fully agree.

I want to know this, too
- wondering that many years later you still cannot see any information :roll: