Thunderbird 25.0

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
Ken Penton

Thunderbird 25.0

Post by Ken Penton »

I have just upgraded to Thunderbird 25.0 and it has disabled BirdieSync 2.4.6.0, which it says is not compatible. Is there a compatible version of BirdieSync available?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird 25.0

Post by Birdy »

Hello Ken,

BirdieSync 2.4.6.0 only supports Thunderbird 24.0.x. Thunderbird 25.0 is a beta version and not a final release of Thunderbird. No version of BirdieSync is presently provided to support beta versions of Thunderbird. So at the moment, the latest version of Thunderbird supported by BirdieSync is 24.0.x (with Lightning 2.6).
Birdy

Ken Penton

Post by Ken Penton »

Birdy,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case how can I uninstall Thunderbird 25 and reinstall the earlier version?

Ken

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It's difficult to give you a definitive answer to this question. The new version could have updated the database scheme and various preference properties in a way which would not be compatible with the previous release. So reverting back to the previous release could lead to possible problems...

Thunderbird 25 release notes list many fixes but no new major feature.

Maybe you could backup your Thunderbird profile, reinstall Thunderbird 24.0 and see how the previous version behaves.
It may work but I cannot guarantee that there would not be some glitches.
Birdy

Ken Penton

Post by Ken Penton »

Birdy,

Thanks for that advice.

Alternatively, do you have any idea how long it will be before Thunderbird 25 ceases to be a Beta and BirdySync can develop a versuion that works with it?

Ken