Sync on different WINDOWS user accounts

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
MichaelH

Sync on different WINDOWS user accounts

Post by MichaelH »

On my WINDOWS 7 PC I have two user accounts for official work (Official) and private work (Private).
When I synchronize my Android with BirdieSync as user Offical and the last synchronization was as user Private, the synchronization fails.
It seems, that the synchronisation data is stored per user. How can I avoid this and have the same sync-data regardless of the login-user at WINDOWS?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Sync on different WINDOWS user accounts

Post by Birdy »

Hello Michael,

Presently BirdieSync stores its data and preferences in the Windows user account. So switching to a different user account means switching to a different BirdieSync configuration. If you synchronize with 2 different Windows user account, it's as if you would synchronize with 2 different computers (and it would be required to restart BirdieSync when switching to another account).
Do you have a different Thunderbird profile for each account ?
Do you share the same Thunderbird profile between your Windows accounts ?
Would you like to synchronize your Private and Work data on your Android device ?
Thanks.
Birdy

MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

To your questions:
It is the same Thunderbird profile and the same calender in both accounts.
I would like to do the synchronization with my Android regardless of the current login.
Is it possible with BirdieSync to store the configuration in a central location instead of storing inside the user account?
Thanks for your help.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

At the moment, there is no easy way to share BirdieSync settings between the 2 Windows user account. The only possible work arround I would see at the moment, would be to make a hard link between BirdieSync directory in AppData (where all programs store their data) on the second Windows user account and grant permissions to write to this directory. But it was never tested though...
Birdy