Sync data update only?

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
Joker

Sync data update only?

Post by Joker »

Can Birdiesync do a sync in both directions (Laptop - Android mobile) that only updates contact data without creating or deletes contacts in either direction?

In case of yes, I would appreciate some advice regarding the sync setting options. :?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Sync data update only?

Post by Birdy »

Hello Joker,

If I understand well, you would like that BirdieSync synchronize contact modifications in both directions (like the addition of a phone number in a contact) but don't synchronize contact addition or deletion. This is not possible with current version. BirdieSync manages all operations (creations, modifications and deletions of contacts). The goal is to ensure that your address books are similar on both sides. If a contact is added on one side, it will be added on the other side, and if a contact is deleted on one side, it will be deleted on the other side.

It's only possible to protect an address book or calendar and set it "Read Only" to prevent the synchronization from modifying it. But it prevents creation, modification and deletion in this address book or calendar. Synchronization is only done "one way". Note that all modifications in the other address book or calendar (not Read Only) will be reverted. It doesn't seem to be what you want.
Birdy

Joker

Re: Sync data update only?

Post by Joker »

Yes, that was my question, synchronizing contact data only. Seems I will have to invest some time into reorganizing my calenders. Thanks for the answer!