Is it possible to install Birdiesync on a USB Stick ?

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
Intruder

Is it possible to install Birdiesync on a USB Stick ?

Post by Intruder »

Hi,

I use the portable versions of Thunderbird and Sunbird on a USB Stick.

Is it also possible to install Birdiesync on a USB Stick ?

My problem is, that I use several Desktops and Laptops of our company and our customer. I change my Desktop/PC frequently.

Or is it possible to use my purchased version of Birdiesynch on 5 Desktops/PCc ?

Kind regards

Intruder

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Intruder,

No it is not possible to install BirdieSync on a USB stick because it depends on ActiveSync and the registry must be modified on the desktop.

As long as you use BirdieSync for the same user, there is no license problem. But keep in mind that ActiveSync only allows to have 2 partnerships at the same time. So if you want to synchronize with more than 2 computers, you'll have to loose one the partnership with another computer...
Birdy

Bing

Post by Bing »

:(
I don't use Birdiesync since 3 month beacuse I use portable version of Firefox, Thunderbird and Sunbird!

I'll try others software, but birdiesync was ok!!!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Bing,

If you use a portable version of Thunderbird and Sunbird you can use BirdieSync with it. The only constraint is that you must install BirdieSync on the desktop.
Is it a problem for you ?
Could you confirm that you use a USB stick ?
Birdy

Bing

Post by Bing »

I use portable firefox, thunderbird and sunbird on hard disk and I synchronize these on my pendrive to use it in office and other pc too...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you describe me the specific problem you have ?
If you cannot see the profiles of the portable Thunderbird and Sunbird on your hard drive, you could refer to this thread for a workaround.
Is it another problem ?
Birdy