Questions before I buy

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
Filmstalker

Questions before I buy

Post by Filmstalker »

Hi there.

I'm looking to move away from Outlook at home and thought your product would be ideal. However I just want to check that this setup would work.

O2 Mini XDA S (HTC Wizard I think)
Windows Mobile 5.0

I sync at home and work and my setup, should I purchase BirdieSync and make the move away from Outlook, would be:

Home: Windows XP SP2 + Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 + BirdieSync + Thunderbird & Lightning
Work: Windows XP SP2 + Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 + Outlook

Will that work?

I'm also right in saying that BirdieSync will still sync everything that ActiveSync does?

Many thanks

Richard.
Richard
Filmstalker

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Richard,

That should work. The only constraint is to not synchronize the same category of items (contacts for instance) with Outlook and Thunderbird on the same machine.

BirdieSync presently synchronizes contacts, appointments, tasks and mails. Note that if ActiveSync synchronizes "notes", BirdieSync doesn't since Thunderbird doesn't support notes.
Birdy

Filmstalker

Post by Filmstalker »

Thanks for that.

Nope, Outlook is on the work PC and Thunderbird is on the Home PC. Neither will have the other app installed. Plus, I don't care about notes.

Oh, I take it that this will still still allow ActiveSync to synchronise all my documents, photos, etc?
Richard
Filmstalker

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes. You will be able to synchronize other items like documents or photos.
Birdy

Filmstalker

Post by Filmstalker »

Brill. Then this weekend I'll give it a go and you may well be responsible for my final move away from Microsoft Office. (That's something to feel good about).

Now if only I could uninstall it from my machine my life would be complete.
Richard
Filmstalker