Change over form Outlook 2003 to Thunderbird

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
goldline1

Change over form Outlook 2003 to Thunderbird

Post by goldline1 »

I currently use Office (Outlook) 2003 and ActiveSync 4.5 with my Dell X51V Windows Mobile 5 system. I HATE Outlook and want to change to Thunderbird but need to continue using my Dell hand held device.

Will BirdieSync handle this for me? How will it sync to my Dell unit? Will I still be able to sync the other Outlook features such as NOTES and TASKS?

Thanks for the hand with this.

Larry

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Change over form Outlook 2003 to Thunderbird

Post by Birdy »

Hello Larry,

BirdieSync should be able to synchronize your Dell with Thunderbird/Lightning/Sunbird. It is still possible to synchronize other categories of items with Outlook or Notes as long as they are not synchronized simultaneously with Thunderbird/Lightning/Sunbird. Note that some users prefer to still synchronize with Outlook a category already synchronized with Thunderbird (calendar/events for instance) but this is generally not recommended because sometimes, it can lead to temporary unresolved items. But there is an option in BirdieSync options to disable the checking that the same category of items (calendar/events for instance) is not selected for synchronization simultaneously for Outlook and Thunderbird.
Birdy