my thoughts

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
asent266

my thoughts

Post by asent266 »

Why would anyone buy an application for use with free and open source Mozilla applications? Not hard to accomplish for free. Why would I want to buy your software? It makes no since, and yet you use free software (like this forum for example). :lol:

Nigel R

Re: my thoughts

Post by Nigel R »

Hello assent266

With regards to your question "Why would anyone buy an application for use with free and open source Mozilla applications? " my response (and probably there are many other who will agree or disagree!) is that FUNCTIONALITY is the reason!

I honestly believe that to achieve the synchronisation that exists in 'Birdie' is NOT a simple task... The functionality in FinchSync also works but is not (based on my efforts to date) as seamless as Birdie and for a BUSINESS TOOL (why else do you need to ensure synchronisation between computers on a regular basis?) the cost of 'doing business' is not only measured in $$$ but many other parameters including 'ease of use'!

I am still evaluating my options but the world over a truism is that 'time is money' and as such a good business person will known when to make the investment required or to make another plan...

As much as I would like to have a 'free' application', as long as the value received for payment made (applies to ANY deal - not just sync between TB and a portable platform) is in my favour, then I will make the necessary investment.

Just my 2c worth. Remember to KEEP SMILING :-) Very best regards from sunny (it will be tomorrow) South Africa!

Aesculapius

Post by Aesculapius »

Heh,

I can tell you that if you want to move customers away from that ugly Outlook, you'd have to be able to tell them that things (roughly) stay the way they are so the transformation is as easy as possible. Synchronisation is essential in business environments and for BirdieSync being one of the first (and imho atm the only) working solution, those few euro's are absolutely worth the step to thnuderbird.

Birdie has put time in developing it and supporting it, and we, the users, make money while using it....so either use it and don't complain, or simply don't use it :-) You're always free to stick to Outlook hahaha :mrgreen:

giorgio

Post by giorgio »

If there was a free sync plug-in to TB as good as BirdieSync, I would use it. There isn't any, so I bought BirdieSync - worth every penny. Simple as that.

asent266

Post by asent266 »

Hmm... What are your thoughts, I see one says it's worth every penny. I use mozilla over M$ as much as possible. How well does the sync work, it does work with thunderbird and sunbird together right?