Duplication....

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
Nigel R

Duplication....

Post by Nigel R »

Argggggggggggggggggggg! OK, so re-install Birdie for more testing / comparison and now I have DUPLICATE EVERYTHING :-(

Just when I thought was looking good... Issue with FinchSync is not as 'seemless' as Birdie but now I have BIG problem. I go 5 years ahead and EVERYTHING is duplicated!

Oh, and did not make that all important back up as after first effort of testing Birdie everything working GR8!

Back to the drawing board...

Best regards to all

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Duplication....

Post by Birdy »

Hello Nigel,

Could you tell me which operating system you use ? XP or Vista ?
Before synchronizing again with BirdieSync, had you items present on both the mobile device and the desktop ?
Before synchronizing, had you deleted the partnership or not ?
When you synchronized again, did you have to create a new partnership or did you use an old one ?
If you had to create a new one and are on XP, which option did you choose (Combine or Replace) ?
If you look at your duplicates, are they identical items or can you see some small differences between then (one field different for instance).
If you use the "Tools/BirdieSync/Remove duplicates", does it help ?

Before any operation, please do a backup as described in this thread:
http://www.birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=723
Birdy

Nigel R

Post by Nigel R »

Howdydo :-)

Thanks for responding....

Status of evaluation system is:

Using XP SP2
Yes, items on both PPC and Desk
Partnership NOT deleted
Used old (original) partnership
Duplicates are identical be it task,or appointment. Have not as yet sync contacts...
Duplication removal tool? Aha! That sounds like a SUPER idea <smile> - just going to look for it! Where can this be found?
Re backup.... Sorry, in my enthusiasm to use did not follow recommendation owing to initial try of BirdieSync being 100% <BIG smile>

Will check feedback again later, and all being well will be able to provide an update on using DUPLICATION REMOVAL tool!

As always, very best regards from Nigel R

Nigel R

Post by Nigel R »

Hi again :-)

Ok, so have 'found' the duplication removal utility and used. Like everything else with BirdieSync it was straightforward (once pointed in correct direction - thanks!) to use and 'seems' to have worked, YIPEEEE!

Am still in 'testing' phase' and obviously have LOTS to learn so as to ensure can take full advantage of synchronisation between iPAQ and TB but the key point is by using BirdieSync progress IS BEING MADE!

Sorry if seems I am making lots of 'basic' mistakes, guess proves I am human <smile>!

More updates / progress report as and when something to contribute with hope that maybe others can benefit from my attempts to configure / use TB / BirdieSync combination correctly.

Remember to KEEP SMILING :-)

VBR from Nigel R in sunny South Africa!