Mobile Phone Sync...? (Nokia 2760)

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
Nigel R

Mobile Phone Sync...? (Nokia 2760)

Post by Nigel R »

Hi again :-)

Still 'experimenting' and looking good! However, thought about possibility of ALSO sync mobile phone PIM (including contacts) and wonder if possible via Birdie being as ActiveSync is the common interface?

Originally using a Samsung mobile but just changed to a Nokia 2760 (had as part of upgrade 10 months ago and only now looking at using so good is / was the E340E!) as the PIM seems easier to use and sync using the Nokia suite is MUCH easier than the Samsung application.

So, scenario is a PC with Thunderbird / Lightning as 'office' workstation plus iPAQ (4700) for real PDA activities (at meeting, reference when away from office,...) and a PHONE (for communications - the PIM functions very limited but would be good to have as a 'viewer / capture' device as not always convenient to use the iPAQ)... I am NOT keen to go the 'convergent' route of using a Blackberry or 'other' all in one device. Also have a application on desk with 'contacts' which I hope to 'update' via a import from whatever... is not mandatory for now to have as part of solution re Birdie functionality. Am thinking that as Nokia will already sync with Outlook and pda has outlook what I wish to do should be possible but in a EASY way (as is now the case between Thunderbird and iPAQ!). Sorry if solution is obvious and it is me being stupid... best regards Nigel R

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Mobile Phone Sync...? (Nokia 2760)

Post by Birdy »

Hello Nigel,

It is not possible to synchronize your Nokia 2760 with BirdieSync because this mobile phone is not under Windows Mobile (even if it supports ActiveSync).
Birdy

Nigel R

Post by Nigel R »

Wrap up time (for now)...

So, after LOTS of experimenting with basic goal of being able to EASILY synchronise DESK / PHONE / PDA with regards to CONTACTS / TASKS / CALENDAR / NOTES, the solution that WORKS is maybe not ideal from perspective that I am in many respects "anti' MS (due to LOTS of $$$ spent and MANY hours of frustration over the years....) but bottom line is that by running OUTLOOK (2002 - the version that shipped with my iPAQ 4700) on my workstation together with Nokia PC Suite (free download), then via either cradle connection (iPAQ and ActiveSync) or Bluetooth (phone) ALL my essential information IS synchronised without any drama or fuss :-) I will need to follow a protocol to ensure nothing falls through the cracks but testing to date makes me comfortable about using what for many is a 'de facto standard'.

Am still evaluating what I will 'miss' by not using Thunderbird as my eMail agent but a 'bonus' by using Outlook is availability of the 'Journal' feature which is VERY useful re tracking (along time line) documents and tasks and their association with contacts.

Have yet to export my eMail (several thousand over 4 accounts) for import to Outlook but seems straightforward and is well documented. Does require use of a (free!) utility and going via Outlook Express but we will see.

Hope my comments will be of some interest / value to others who are also exploring ways to make technology make life and work easier / more efficient which when all said and done should be the goal and not an exercise to say "I use X Y or Z"!

Thanks for reading! Very best regards from sunny SA and as always, KEEP SMILING :-) Nigel R

gk2012

Post by gk2012 »

This is disappointing news, it would have been good if they were compatible with Nokia phones

David Morgan

Post by David Morgan »

Nigel R wrote:Wrap up time (for now)...

So, after LOTS of experimenting with basic goal of being able to EASILY synchronise DESK / PHONE / PDA with regards to CONTACTS / TASKS / CALENDAR / Budget Business IP Phone, the solution that WORKS is maybe not ideal from perspective that I am in many respects "anti' MS (due to LOTS of $$$ spent and MANY hours of frustration over the years....) but bottom line is that by running OUTLOOK (2002 - the version that shipped with my iPAQ 4700) on my workstation together with Nokia PC Suite (free download), then via either cradle connection (iPAQ and ActiveSync) or Bluetooth (phone) ALL my essential information IS synchronised without any drama or fuss :-) I will need to follow a protocol to ensure nothing falls through the cracks but testing to date makes me comfortable about using what for many is a 'de facto standard'.

Am still evaluating what I will 'miss' by not using Thunderbird as my eMail agent but a 'bonus' by using Outlook is availability of the 'Journal' feature which is VERY useful re tracking (along time line) documents and tasks and their association with contacts.

Have yet to export my eMail (several thousand over 4 accounts) for import to Outlook but seems straightforward and is well documented. Does require use of a (free!) utility and going via Outlook Express but we will see.

Hope my comments will be of some interest / value to others who are also exploring ways to make technology make life and work easier / more efficient which when all said and done should be the goal and not an exercise to say "I use X Y or Z"!

Thanks for reading! Very best regards from sunny SA and as always, KEEP SMILING :-) Nigel R
Quite a workaround O.o

Still, thanks for posting it so the rest of us can benefit from your hard work. :)
Cheers,
David

trose

Post by trose »

Nigel R wrote:Wrap up time (for now)...

So, after LOTS of experimenting with basic goal of being able to EASILY synchronise DESK / PHONE / PDA with regards to CONTACTS / TASKS / CALENDAR / NOTES, the ]Business PBX solution that WORKS is maybe not ideal from perspective that I am in many respects "anti' MS (due to LOTS of $$$ spent and MANY hours of frustration over the years....) but bottom line is that by running OUTLOOK (2002 - the version that shipped with my iPAQ 4700) on my workstation together with Nokia PC Suite (free download), then via either cradle connection (iPAQ and ActiveSync), Bluetooth (phone) or Wireless Voip Phone ALL my essential information IS synchronised without any drama or fuss :-) I will need to follow a protocol to ensure nothing falls through the cracks but testing to date makes me comfortable about using what for many is a 'de facto standard'.

awesome loophole! but yes, quite extensive
Last edited by trose on Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

baja

Post by baja »

Compatibility is the problem..:(...
VPS Hosting from www.cyberls.com