Possible to portabelize BirdySync

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
mnt_schred

Possible to portabelize BirdySync

Post by mnt_schred »

I was wondering if it is possible to install birdysync in a manner that I can take it with me on my USB stick (I use portableapps.com for a lot, like thunderbird portable and sunbird portable). Can I install on a stick without problems? Or does Birdy need registry setting for example.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Possible to portabelize BirdySync

Post by Birdy »

Hello mnt_schred,

The problem is that ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center is required to synchronize with BirdieSync and that it uses registry settings for the partnership and to offer BirdieSync services. So it is necessary to have ActiveSync/Windows Mobile Device Center and BirdieSync installed on the computers where you want to synchronize with your portable Thunderbird. And BirdieSync preference file is also stored locally on each computer. So by now, I would say that BirdieSync is not portable.
Birdy

mnt_schred

Post by mnt_schred »

Well, on all the PC's I work on Activesync is already installed. But is portablelisation on the roadmap?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It is necessary to install BirdieSync on the computer where it will be executed because ActiveSync needs some registry declaration to identify BirdieSync and interact with it. So having ActiveSync installed is not enough. It is necessary to install BirdieSync on the computer and it is required by ActiveSync. By now, I cannot tell you if the "portability" of BirdieSync will be available in a short future.
Birdy

dandv

Post by dandv »

How about for Android, where there's no ActiveSync?

BTW, this thread should be closed in favor of this one, in the Wishlist sub-forum.

ricaluanna

Post by ricaluanna »

Will this work in iphone?