BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Birdiesync 2 beta and Windows Mobile Device Center on Vista

Post by Birdy »

Hello Philo,

If you get a message mentioning that BirdieSync is not installed, it's very likely because you didn't uninstall BirdieSync 1.x on the desktop, so the old BirdieSync desktop part detects that BirdieSync 1.x is not installed on the mobile device (which is true since it was replaced with BirdieSync 2.0). Remove BirdieTransfer.exe from BirdieSync directory and you should not have this message any longer. That also explain why you have this message before BirdieSync 2.0 detects that the mobile device is connected (they are 2 different programs).
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

Post by Birdy »

@TopCop:

I checked again this feature but it seems to work (the synchronization is not launched after the mobile device is connected). How do you see that BirdieSync synchronization is launched ? Does the status change in BirdieSync new main window ?
Thanks.
Birdy

TopCop

Post by TopCop »

I see the popup telling me that Synchronization is starting and when I open BirdieSync I see the synchronization progress.

TopCop

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@TopCop:

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

TheSorcerer

Re: Thunderbird 3

Post by TheSorcerer »

Birdy wrote:Hello TheSorcerer,

With which version of the beta did you have this problem ?
Note that these posts will be moved later to the topic regarding the problems of the beta.
The Thunderbird Plugin claims to be BirdieSync 2.0.0.0beta-g.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@TheSorcerer:

Do you have the same problem with beta version m ? After waiting a few minutes, is the CPU load still high ?
When your mobile device is connected, do you have the same problem ?
Once the mobile device is connected, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Philo

Post by Philo »

@Birdy
Thanks, one problem less!

Now BirdieSynch doesn't recognise anything. WMDC connected computer and smartphone, and Birdiesynch after opening tells me that neither the mobile device nor Thunderbird is connected.

I connected the mobile an hour ago, opened TB, dis- and reconnected, closed and re-opened TB. No reaction.
It worked yesterday. Slower than the old BS but it worked. Today it shows "not connected"

chewy5

Post by chewy5 »

It's now 21 days since my install. So, I can no longer use this program. I bought version 1 and have always been very happy with it. I have upgraded to Thunderbird 3. I saw your 21 days limit and thought you would have something by the end of the deadline. I've always been satisfied with your product and would be happy to pay for the new version. But I have to say, I am very disappointed to the fact that you put a 21 days limit on the beta version without releasing a newer version or extending the days before the official version comes out. It leaves a gap for those who are dependent on your software to manage their daily lives. Please help in either extending this 21 days limitation or releasing a final version.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello chewy5,

Sorry for the annoyance, version n of the beta has just been published with an extension of the trial period for users who have tried it from the very beginning.
Birdy

matczar

Post by matczar »

Oops, I have the same problem. With this it, a warning "End of evaluation period of the beta" appeared after installing 2.0.0.0beta-n.

Lou

Post by Lou »

same here. eval expired.

win7. beta n.

:::L:::

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The problem should be fixed in version o. Please download and install this new version.
Thanks.
Birdy

Lou

Post by Lou »

o yes ;)

thx for the quick response - happy xmas.

:::L:::

matczar

Post by matczar »

Yes, I can confirm, too :D

Happy Chritsmas!

ChefChaudart

Post by ChefChaudart »

My God, you´re courageous :shock:

Issuing such a big release during Christmas time :D

Anyway, Happy Christmas to everyone :wink: