BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jimriley

Re: BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

Post by jimriley »

Firstly, thanks for your efforts.
Some feed back on bits I've noticed: On installing 2.0.1.1. and 2.0.1.2 I've had to do a restart of computer and phone before it will sync, it's no problem, just flagging it up. it then works fine. running windows 7 and htc touch 3g. Also the news page still says you need wmdc to instal bs, at the bottom of page, tho at top it says wmdc now not needed. I'm also still getting an error message when I try to run "archive logs". that's no great problem as they can be retrieved manually if needed.
regards
Jim

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

Post by Birdy »

@jimriley:

I was hopping that your problem regarding the identification of your "My Documents" folder was solved in a a modification in a previous version but it seems to not be the case... When you get the log archiver error, could you please send the log "LogArchiver.log" to support(at)birdiesync.com ? This log is located in :
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<users name>\Application Data\BirdieSync\Log\
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\BirdieSync\Log
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")
On installing 2.0.1.1. and 2.0.1.2 I've had to do a restart of computer and phone before it will sync
You mean the mobile device was not detected as "connected" ?
the news page still says you need wmdc to instal bs, at the bottom of page
The news page contain the description of all the 2.0.x releases: the first ones still needed the WMDC.

This topic regarding beta will be locked.

@womec:

Your post will be moved to a separate topic.
Birdy