BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
AoS

Re: BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports

Post by AoS »

Hello,

I started to use the beta version because I moved to TB 3. I encountered the following problem:

No Standby / sleep mode
While Birdie sync is running in the background, my device won't enter the standby mode by itself. This results in higher power consumption and a failure to lock the keys.
Device: HTC BlueAngel (T-Mobile MDA III)

I hope this report helps to increase the quality of your future product. Keep on with your work, BirdieSync is a very useful programme and actually the first WinMo programme I spent money on in years.

Regards,
Dirk

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Aos,

Thank you for your report. Do you see this behavior while your mobile device is connected or not ? Because if it is connected, it is necessary to avoid the stand by mode to not disrupt the connection of the mobile device (that happened before while synchronizing). I made some tests while the mobile device was disconnected and it seems to properly work.
Birdy

jimriley

Post by jimriley »

Just installed "r" it's fine but I uninstalled bs q on laptop n mobile, then when i connected mobile again to install "r" I got an error message saying mobile was trying to run birdiesync, tho it had been removed. It seems like there was a residual command on the phone. I cancelled it and bs cab installed and ran fine. maybe bs wouldd'nt have tried to run if I'd restarted the phone after uninstalling birdie sync cab.

CopperStar

Post by CopperStar »

Just updated TBird to 3.0.1 and now BirdieSync is listed as non-compatible. Tried re-installing beta-r but still no luck???

RobertRe

Post by RobertRe »

While they do not update, just go to the birdiesync directory, open Thunderbird Service directory, and edit the file install.rdf.

Change the line

<em:maxVersion>3.0</em:maxVersion>

to

<em:maxVersion>3.*</em:maxVersion>

Save and restart everything.

GFEMajor

Post by GFEMajor »

Hi,

I started to use TB3 and your very useful BirdieSync :). But the beta is limited to 10 days. They are over now, and i can't sync any more. When do you plan to release a stable (buyable) version of birdiesync compatible with tb3?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@jimriley:

I might see what the problem is. I'll check that.

@GFEMajor:

If you install the last version of the beta, that should extend the trial period. The official release of BirdieSync 2.0 should be available soon.
Birdy

CopperStar

Post by CopperStar »

Postby RobertRe on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm
While they do not update, just go to the birdiesync directory, open Thunderbird Service directory, and edit the file install.rdf.
Change the line
to

Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. I still have 'Not compatible with Thunderbird 3.0.1 in the TBird add-ons section'.
If I start birdiesync, it states that the TBird plugin did not initialize...
Thanks for your help...

RobertRe

Post by RobertRe »

Yes, it works, I just did it. But, you have to restart your machine. The birdiesync service running will prevent tb to update it.

If you also change this line:

<em:version>2.0.0.0beta-r</em:version>

to

<em:version>2.0.0.0beta-r1</em:version>

You will be able to check on tb if it is using the new (updated) or the old.

AoS

Post by AoS »

Birdy wrote:Thank you for your report. Do you see this behavior while your mobile device is connected or not ?
The phone wouldn't enter stand by when disconnected. Birdie sync was the only change I made recently and so I killed the background process. The behaviour changed instantly.

Hth,
Dirk

billywill

Post by billywill »

Should we update to the latest TBird?
My auto-update invited me too, but I declined pending advice from Birdie.

FYI - https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird:Thunderbird3.1

ciao

BillyWill

swaddo

Post by swaddo »

CopperStar wrote:Re: BirdieSync 2.0.0.0 beta - bug reports
Postby RobertRe on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 pm
Change the line
to

Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem. I still have 'Not compatible with Thunderbird 3.0.1 in the TBird add-ons section'.
If I start birdiesync, it states that the TBird plugin did not initialize...
Thanks for your help...
I was having the same trouble. edited install.rdf, restarted tbird and the birdysync service ... nothing. Rebooted, nothing.

THis sounds strange, but for me the solution was to uninstall birdiesync, and reinstall it and BEFORE running thunderbird for the first time ... edit the install.rdf as directed. loaded up fine then.

i'm running tbird 3.0.1, lighning 1.0b1 on windows 7 ultimate

billywill

Post by billywill »

Please be clear about the versions of TBird you are referring to

or

??

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thunderbird 3.0.1 hasn't been officially released yet. You may change the maxVersion to 3.0+ if necessary. It's not recommended to use Thunderbird 3.1a1 since it could lead to incompatibilities with BirdieSync and possible crashes.
Birdy

Nuntius

Post by Nuntius »

Hi,

I'm a user or Birdiesync 1.7 but since I reinstall my PC (Windows 7) and updated to Thunderbird 3, I'm on my way to Birdiesync 2.

The problem is that Birdiesync options do not appear in Sunbird 1.0b2pre (Calendar to be exact)! It shows in Thunderbird no problem.

So, when I Sync, I see in Birdiesync window that Thunderbird is connected but not Sunbird while the program has been opened!

HELP!

PS. The events of my calendar are all online! (and it worked well with Birdiesync's previous version)