How to disable Win7 "default e-mail warning"?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
codiak

Re: How to disable Win7 "default e-mail warning"?

Post by codiak »

Found a solution for that.
Just let wdmhost.exe load in autostart and Sync on connect even with autostared TB works (without WMDC) :)

DeeTee2011

Post by DeeTee2011 »

My current system is Windows 7 64-bit, Thunderbird 6 and Birdiesync 2.3.5.0. I had the continual erroneous warning all the time I used Thunderbird 5 and Birdiesync 2.3.4.1 so when I updated to Thunderbird 6 I hoped the problem would be solved. In disappointment I turned to this forum and found the instructions provided above worked for me, but I needed to combine instructions from Robertre and Mr.SyncHD and servantoftheking. I know that editing the registry can be dangerous if a mistake is made so I printed the above combined details. Many thanks to the contributors and Birdy who directed me to this discussion and has explained much surrounding the problem. For those with a similar set up to me who wish to minimise the risk of a mistake, I print them here to make the editing process easier.

1. First step
* Start regedit as an administrator by typing "regedit" into your start menu.
* Right click the regedit program, and choose Run As Administrator
* Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Mozilla Thunderbird*
* Double click the DLL Path value, and copy the value data to the clipboard then click cancel.
in my system, it's C:\Program Files\Mozilla Thunderbird\mozMapi32_InUse.dll
* Right click a blank area below the DLLPath value, and choose New and then Expandable String Value from the menu.
* Type in DLLPathEx as the new value name.
* Double click the DllPathEx value, and paste in the value from the previous step.

2. Second Step
* Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\MSMapiApps
* Locate the key WmdHost.exe
* Change the value from "Microsoft Outlook" to "Mozilla Thunderbird"

Disconnect your device, close thunderbird

jtek

Post by jtek »

DeeTee2011 wrote:I know that editing the registry can be dangerous if a mistake is made so I printed the above combined details. For those with a similar set up to me who wish to minimise the risk of a mistake, I print them here to make the editing process easier.
Thank you very much for taking the time to comb through this post and assemble the instructions into one fluid list of instructions. I was starting to do what you had already done when I happened to go to the second page and see your post. Your statement about the risks associated with modifying the registry are well founded and I was expecting to see small print letting everyone know you are not responsible if something goes wrong. :lol:

Thank you again and I have saved this as a text file for future reference. 8)