Installing on Laptop /without/ Pocket PC connected?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
akalwa

Installing on Laptop /without/ Pocket PC connected?

Post by akalwa »

Hello,

I've just installed Birdiesync 2.0 on by Desktop PC and my Pocket PC (HP iPaq 2490, WM5) connected via cradle. Everything works fine. Thank you for this valuable software!

But now I would like to install Birdiesync onto my Laptop PC (Bluetooth connection to Pocket PC).

Is there a way to just install the required Windows part and skip the Pocket PC installation, since Birdiesync is already installed on the Pocket PC?

TIA
Achim

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Installing on Laptop /without/ Pocket PC connected?

Post by Birdy »

Hello Achim,

When you reach the stage of the installation on the mobile device, ActiveSync application manager generally displays several window asking you if you want to install/replace BirdieSync application on the mobile device. You can generally cancel this installation and finish BirdieSync installation. However, I see no reason to not reinstall BirdieSync on the mobile device. That shouldn't have any impact on the synchronization and it ensure to have the correct version on your mobile device.
Birdy

bluelotus

Re: Installing on Laptop /without/ Pocket PC connected?

Post by bluelotus »

If I reinstall BirdieSync on the mobile device during the Birdiesync installation on the laptop, it wants to sync the laptop thunderbird calendar with the mobile device for the first time, although I synchronized the desktop thunderbird calendar data with the laptop thunderbird calendar data before (with another application).

After "first time synchronization" from the laptop I have duplicates on the laptop as well as on the mobile device, simply because the mobile deviced got synchronized with the desktop before..