Unexpected error

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
glz

Unexpected error

Post by glz »

Getting an "Unexpected Error" when syncing. Started happening all of a sudden with beta-s. I noticed that full version had been released so figured the beta had expired. Uninstalled on both pc and ppc and installed the release version. Still getting the Unexpected Error. Will send the logs to support.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Unexpected error

Post by Birdy »

Hello glz,

After having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with the Thunderbird/Sunbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

glz

Post by glz »

I generated the logs and looked at the device/birdiesync.log file. All the way at the end it showed a contact that it couldn't grab the category from. Pulling the contact up on PPC showed blank screen, so something got corrupted. Turned out I had to delete from the PPC and re-sync, got error, gen logs, look at log, delete contact....until no more error.

I did make a copy of the contact in Thunderbird from my Personal Address Book to the Collected Addresses Book; then moved them all back over and everything is hunky-dory!

Thanks birdy for pointing me in the right direction.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I'll see if it is possible to display the problematic items directly through BirdieSync GUI to avoid having to look at the logs.
Birdy