Issue: E-Mail sync though disabled

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
nica

Issue: E-Mail sync though disabled

Post by nica »

Hi, first of all:

Thanks for the wonderful new version!

After installing I had some trouble, but I found the right threads (Initial sync from device to desktop, How to disable Win7 "default e-mail warning"?) - thank you for that! :D

But I encountered following issue:

My configuration: Win7 german, Touch Diamond 2 with WM 6.5

After synchronization I find my new unread thunderbird-mails in my mobile device though I disabled it:

- In BirdieSync > Activation there are only Contacts, Events, Taska enabled.
- In BirdieSync options > Mails there is no folder enabled.

But I don't want to sync mails - what can I do?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Issue: E-Mail sync though disabled

Post by Birdy »

Hello nica,

Do you mean that even if mails are no longer selected for synchronization, whenever you receive a new mail in Thunderbird, it is synchronized on the mobile device ?
Birdy

nica

Post by nica »

Hello, thanks for reply.

Yes, mails are not selected for synchronization. When there are new unread mails in Thunderbird 3.0.1 in my inbox folder, they will be synchronized as new mails on the mobile device.

In history tab of BirdieSync these synchronized mails are not mentioned.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

In history tab of BirdieSync these synchronized mails are not mentioned.
That's a bit weird. If there are not mentioned in the history, there is little chance that BirdieSync is responsible for the synchronization.

Does it happen with the "ActiveSync/E-mail Outlook" mobile device mail account or with another mail account on the mobile device ?
If it is another independent mail account, couldn't it be that this mail account download the unread mail directly from the mail server by accessing to the Internet thanks to the connection with the desktop ?
Birdy

nica

Post by nica »

Thanks, just have checked it. You could be right, though this mail account is set to loadmails manually.

Will test it again.