Thunderbird not installed?

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Charon

Thunderbird not installed?

Post by Charon »

Birdie,

After installation (last version BS, TB 3.0.2) I got this warning during sync: Application Thunderbird not installed/The application Thunderbird doesn't seem to be installed in this user account although it was selected for synchronization.
I'm sure it's installed!

What's wrong?

Concerning user-account: I'm using a laptop on a Server08 domain, logged in as regular user, TB is installed local (on the laptop). Also re-installed TB from the user-account. No effect.

Regards,

Bouwe

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird not installed?

Post by Birdy »

Hello Bouwe,

BirdieSync has some problems installing under a Windows standard user account. I sent you a new version by email for testing.
Birdy

Charon

Post by Charon »

Hi Birdie,

After restarting the laptop, everything worked OK! Another install (on collegue's laptop) after restart working out-of-the-box..... Didn't use the update! Maybe a hint to others? (i.e. to restart your PC after installing BS).

Thanks en bye,

Bouwe

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 2.0.1.0 has just been released: it now allows to install BirdieSync on a standard user account (even if elevation is still required with administrator rights). So no need to restart BirdieSync or Thunderbird at the end of the installation and the shortcuts in the Windows Start menu should be properly created.
Birdy