Portable TB issues. paths not found

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
RobWu

Portable TB issues. paths not found

Post by RobWu »

Hi,

I bought a HD2, and want to sync my contacts, tasks, lightning etc. to my phone.
I installed the software and it's working just fine.
The addon showes up in my portable TB version and I can access the settings.

But the thing is, I'm not running TB Portable from a USB stick, but from a network drive.
It seems that even if I add the path manually, e.g. \\server\apps\ThunderbirdPortable\ and \\server\apps\ThunderbirdPortable\Data\profile, I get error messages about paths not found.
The main path is looking for thunderbird.exe, but it's ThunderbirdPortable.exe.

I have been looking at the FAQ, and did some Google'ing but so far no luck.

I should have known this was going to hurt after my Nokia 6300 refused to sync all data to the pc...
One of those migrations I guess....

thanks for any responses,

rob

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Portable TB issues. paths not found

Post by Birdy »

Hello rob,

Instead of configuring the path manually, did you try to click on the "Use current Thunderbird" button ? That should set up the path and profile automatically. Which configuration is automatically chosen ?
Note also that presently for some reasons BirdieSync uses thunderbird.exe and not ThunderbirdPortable.exe.
Birdy

RobWu

Post by RobWu »

HI,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried the 'use current Thunderbird' option but that didn't see to do much. After a reboot it seems the 'use current' option find the correct exe, but cannot find the profile folder. I get a "The profile of Thunderbird is not selected...." error.

I might created a new profile and copy everything over to the new profile to see if that helps.

rob

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

By now, no need to copy your profile.
Chat I suggest is, press the "Use current Thunderbird" button, save the preferences (OK button) and then build a first log archive (Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..."). Then send it to support(at)birdiesync.com
Also, reconnect your mobile device, and when you get the error, generate a second log archive and send it also to support.
Thanks.
Birdy

RobWu

Post by RobWu »

Hi,

I send two logfiles, hope they make sense ;-)
It's all so close.....

Rob