Issues with HD2

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
sambogosse

Issues with HD2

Post by sambogosse »

Hi there,

I'm using BirdieSync 2.0.1.1 on my HTC HD2 with Thunderbird 3.0.3 and Lightning 1.0b1

The sync works fine so far, but I'm encountering several issues that are quite annoying :
- I set up the HD2 to retrieve e-mails every 1 hour automatically > the mails aren't retrieved anymore
- I'm using it as an internet connection when connected to a laptop > impossible to activate the connection

I tried several times to install and uninstall, and as soon as birdiesync is removed from the HD2, the e-mails auto-retrieve and internet sharing work again...

Anyone had similar issue ? how could I solve this ?

Thanks !

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Issues with HD2

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Do you use Wi-fi to connect your Mobile Device to the Internet ? If yes, Windows Mobile has a limitation when you connect the mobile device to the desktop: it's not possible to have a Wi-Fi connection at the same time. If you open the Connection Manager on the mobile device, the Wi-Fi icon should be disabled. There might be a workaround though. You may try to use AirFix at your own risk. Note also that it should be possible to access to the Internet through your Windows Mobile connection to the desktop.
Birdy

sambogosse

Post by sambogosse »

[quote="Birdy"]Do you use Wi-fi to connect your Mobile Device to the Internet ? [quote="Birdy"]

Well it's the opposite, I'm using the mobile device to go to the Internet on my laptop using 3G. sorry if I didn't explain correctly.

Thanks,

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

the e-mails auto-retrieve
You mean on the mobile device ? Are you talking about Pocket Outlook mail part ?
and internet sharing work again...
Do you mean that you can connect to the Internet from your PC through your mobile device when it's connected with USB ?

At first sight I don't see why BirdieSync would have an influence on the 3G connection (although it seems to have based on what you said).

You also told me that if BirdieSync is not running, you can connect with 3G and having at the same time a USB connection with the desktop. I would have thought that you would have had the same problem as with Wi-Fi and that the simultaneous 3G connection would not have been possible.
Birdy