Timeout for connect failed mesage

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tobomda

Timeout for connect failed mesage

Post by tobomda »

ActiveSync and Mobile Device Center are mysterious things...aren't they ?
Not every plug usb cable to mobile device is sucessful, so it some times happens that I must do a second or third try.
Mobile Device Center then say's nothing (Windows 7) and ActiveSync (Windows XP) tells me that connect was not sucessful.
OK, not fine, but not to change.
But I think it is useful not to have a second message from Birdiesync that it cannot connect. If I click on the icon in systray I can see that "No mobile device is connected".
Often the message from Birdiesync comes when MDC or ActiveSync are "Connecting" and not ready. Birdiesync then shows it's window with grayed icon and disabled sync button and the error message, but a moment later ActiveSync is ready and icon is changed and sync button is enabled. Then I can close the message and start syncing.
Can you make a setting for disabling this message ?
Several programs have a checkbox on messages like "Do not show this again" and have in settings a button to reset all disabled messages, if the user want them see again.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Timeout for connect failed mesage

Post by Birdy »

Hello tobomda,

New version 2.0.1.3 has just been published. The timeout before the connection failed message was increased. As suggested, there is now a checkbox to no longer display this message. It remains accessible through the error link though.
Birdy

tobomda

Re: Timeout for connect failed mesage

Post by tobomda »

These things work fine now, thanks.