Email Synchronisation: WinMob 6.5, Filter, Folder

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
bluelotus

Email Synchronisation: WinMob 6.5, Filter, Folder

Post by bluelotus »

Dear Community,

currently I am facing the following issue:

I want to sync a pop3 email account from Thunderbird to my WinMob 6.5 Smartphone via Birdiesync. I created a mainfolder and three subdirectories in Thunderbird. Filters allocate incoming emails to the appropriate subdirectory.
For synchronization to the mobile, I ticked every folder of the email account (including subdirectories) in Birdiesync options. After synchronization there is a second in-box with all the subdirectories on the smartphone, as I created them in Thunderbird. However, if the smartphone receives new emails they get still allocated in the first "major"? in-box without subdirectories and do not get synchronized.

Is there a possibility to create filters on the smartphone with WinMob 6.5 to replicate the structural condition of Thundebird?
Another option would be that all emails from the mainfolder and subdirectories of Thunderbird get synchronized with one single in-box of the smartphone ?

-------------------
edit: Just tried to sync simply the mainfolder of Thunderbird (without subdiretories) to the smartphone. After synchronization there is still a new folder named "T-Posteingang" parallel to the standard in-box.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Email Synchronisation: WinMob 6.5, Filter, Folder

Post by Birdy »

Hello Bluelotus,

Presently Thunderbird Inbox is synchronized in the "T-Inbox" folder on the mobile device which is different from the usual "Inbox" folder. This to avoid duplication problem when you download mails from the Internet on your mobile device and possibly download them again on your desktop if the mail was left on the POP3 server. So if you download and read a mail on your mobile device (and remove it from the POP3 server) and wish to synchronize it in Thunderbird, then you have to move this mail to the "T-Inbox" folder on the mobile device which will then be synchronized in Thunderbird "Inbox". Another solution would be simply to ensure that the mails you read on your mobile device are still left on the POP3 server and so will then be downloaded later in Thunderbird.
Birdy

bluelotus

Re: Email Synchronisation: WinMob 6.5, Filter, Folder

Post by bluelotus »

Hey Birdy,

thanks for ur fast reply !

I think the best solution would be that I do not synchronize emails and leave them on POP3 server. It´s too much effort moving them manually into T-inbox. In addition I need those emails on POP3 due to other reasons.