compatibility

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Simon_Warner

compatibility

Post by Simon_Warner »

It seems Thunderbird 3.1.2.0 is not compatible with Birdiesync 2.0.1.2. When will you release an update?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: compatibility

Post by Birdy »

Hello Simon,

It's already released. Please update your version to 2.0.2.0 after having read the release notes.
Thanks.
Birdy

WiTa

Post by WiTa »

Birdy wrote:Hello Simon,

It's already released. Please update your version to 2.0.2.0 after having read the release notes.
Thanks.

Hello,

I tried to update from within Thunderbird, "Add-ons", tab "extensions", 'looking for updates'. The response I get is: 'no updates found'. How should I update BirdieSync? And: should I do this before updating Thunderbird (until now I didn't do this because I receive a warning that BirdieSync then will not work any more) or after?

Thanks in advance for a step-by-step response.

Wim

Simon_Warner

Post by Simon_Warner »

I agree, manually it works however TB is not mentioning the update of Birdiesync. Why not?

Simon_Warner

Post by Simon_Warner »

WiTa wrote:should I do this before updating Thunderbird (until now I didn't do this because I receive a warning that BirdieSync then will not work any more) or after?
You can update Thunderbird and then after updating Birdiesync will not work anymore. Then update Birdiesync manually by downloading it from birdiesync.com and installing it. Then after installing you have to re-enter your preferences again (how you want your syncing between mobile device and PC done).
Make a backup before you start !

Regards,

Simon

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync extension in Thunderbird is not managed as usual extensions: it is packaged with BirdieSync desktop application and is not referenced in Mozilla add ons repository. So it is not possible to update BirdieSync extension in Thunderbird or uninstall it without updating or uninstalling BirdieSync desktop application. So if you want to update or uninstall BirdieSync, do it with BirdieSync desktop installer/uninstaller.
Birdy