Internet with BirdieSync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
cajunflavoredbob

Internet with BirdieSync

Post by cajunflavoredbob »

I have had this issue for a while. I am not able to access any Internet connection while connected to the PC via USB. I am using BirdieSync 2.1.0.0. The device is running WM6.5.5. When I plug in the USB cable, WIFI and data connections immediately drop. Wifi drop is expected. I used to be able to connect through the PC's Internet connection. This is no longer the case. I tried searching the forum, but to no avail. Perhaps I simply wasn't using the right search terms, but I wasn't really certain what phrase to use anyway. Thank you for your help.
Last edited by cajunflavoredbob on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BirdieSync 2.1.0.0/Thunderbird 3.1.2/Lightning 1.0b2
T-Mobile Touch Pro2 (Rhod210)
ROM: Cookie Energy GTX 04 September 2010
Radio: 4.49.25.91

cajunflavoredbob

Re: Internet with BirdieSync

I'm still having this problem. Is everyone off for the weekend? lol

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello cajunflavoredbob,

If you use Wi-fi to connect your Mobile Device to the Internet, Windows Mobile has a limitation when you connect the mobile device to the desktop: it's not possible to have a Wi-Fi connection at the same time. If you open the Connection Manager on the mobile device, the Wi-Fi icon should be disabled. There might be a workaround though. You may try to use AirFix at your own risk. Note also that it should be possible to access to the Internet through your Windows Mobile connection to the desktop.
Birdy

cajunflavoredbob

I know I'm not able to use Wifi. I also am unable to make a data connection through T-Mobile, or connect through the PC connection. There is simply no connection whatsoever when connected to the PC via USB.