iPhone sync with empty email field

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Gudul

iPhone sync with empty email field

Post by Gudul »

Hi,

While syncing an iPhone 4 to Thunderbird 3.1.4 (+MoreFunctionForAddrewssBook 0.06.0.2) as a new fresh transfer from the iPhone to TB, the email field in TB is empty, but OK in the iPhone.
In addition it looks like the category field is not present in the iPhone because all my contacts arrive int he default AB and not in the AB corresponding to the category field value (checked option in the Contact Group tab of PC).
Any idea ?

PC: Win 7
BS: 2.1.01
iPhone 4 with iPhone OS 4.1

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: iPhone sync with empty email field

Post by Birdy »

Hello Gudul,

I made some tests but could not reproduce the problem. If I create a contact on the iPhone with a Home email or a work Email, it is properly synchronized in Thunderbird address book. Do ou have this problem with all your contacts ? Could you confirm that the email category is Home or Work and not Other or another customized label ?

There is no "Category" field on the iPhone but you can classify your contacts in Groups. Are you saying that you have problems synchronizing your iPhone contacts located in different groups ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Franky

Post by Franky »

I have exactly the same problem. No email adresses in Thunderbird. How can I solve this problem (iPhone 4).

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Franky,

Again, I couldn't reproduce the problem and had no problem synchronizing.
Do you have this problem with all your contacts ? Could you confirm that the email category is Home or Work and not Other or another customized label ?
If you create a new contact on the iPhone with a Home email address, is this email address missing in Thunderbird when you look at the details of the contact ?
Thanks.
Birdy