Problems with Sync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
geoneuling

Problems with Sync

Post by geoneuling »

Hello
my english is very bad, I hope you can understand my
i will read in german too

I use Birdiesync 2.1.0.1 and Thunderbird 3.1.6 (lightning 10b2) and WM6.0

when i take an Event / Adress an the PPC (outlook) to sync with BS to Thunderbird(TB), is the Event isn´t show in the TB.
on the Otherside from TB to outlook its ok

can you help me

Ich benutze BS 2.1.0.1, Thunderbird 3.1.6 mit Lightning 1.0b2 und WindowsMobil 6.0
Beim Eingeben von Terminen und Adressen im PPC zum Übertragen auf den PC werden die Daten nicht dargestellt (verworfen)
umgekehrt werden die Daten korrekt dargestellt
gerne stelle ich ggf vorhandene Logs zu verfügung

geoneuling

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello geoneuling,

Could you give me a precise scenario that I could reproduce ?

Did you select "Link calendar to appointment category" in BirdieSync options ?
If it's not the case, the mobile device event will be synchronized in the "Default" calendar that you chose in BirdieSync options.
If it's the case, the mobile device event will be synchronized in the calendar whose name matches the name of the event category on the mobile device. If no matching calendar name is found, then the "Default" calendar will be used.

Did you select the option "Don't synchronize appointments and tasks on the mobile with categories matching no calendar" ?
That could exclude the event from being synchronized.

Are you sure that the calendar where the mobile device event is synchronized is selected to be viewed in Lightning ?

Thanks.
Birdy

geoneuling

Post by geoneuling »

If it's not the case, the mobile device event will be synchronized in the "Default" calendar that you chose in BirdieSync options.
If it's the case, the mobile device event will be synchronized in the calendar whose name matches the name of the event category on the mobile device. If no matching calendar name is found, then the "Default" calendar will be used.

Did you select the option "Don't synchronize appointments and tasks on the mobile with categories matching no calendar" ?
That could exclude the event from being synchronized.

Are you sure that the calendar where the mobile device event is synchronized is selected to be viewed in Lightning ?
Yes i´m did
Did you select the option "Don't synchronize appointments and tasks on the mobile with categories matching no calendar"
no I didn´d
I have 4 Calenders, two Calenders are closed, two calenders are open, the names privat and Work, where can I select whitch calender is the Default-calender

Thanks for your Help

geoneuling

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you please disconnect your mobile device, create an event on the mobile device telling me the exact name that you used for the "category" field, then reconnect your mobile device and launch the synchronization and send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com with "Tools/BirdieSync/Log archive..." after the end of the synchronization.
Thanks.
Birdy

geoneuling

Post by geoneuling »

Thank you vor your help
you used for the "category" field
thats was the Problem
I Have forgot use the category, in the normaly I have use "keine Kategorie" also "Default" but in the calender are not default

i think I have now two Options:
1st: use the category "Default" too, what is the right adjustment for this option
2nd: delete all other options apart from "privat" and "arbeit" in the mobil device

i send the logs too

geoneuling

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thank you for the logs. The problem is that you chose "Geburtstag" for your "Default" calendar. This calendar is READ ONLY since it is generated by the add-on thunderbirthday. So it's not possible to synchronize an event created/modified on the mobile device in this calendar.
Change your "Default" calendar to "Privat" for instance and ensure that the synchronization way associated to this calendar is "Both ways".

Note also that you shouldn't use a category "Default" on the mobile device since there is no calendar named "Default" in Lightning. Since there is no matching calendar, an appointment with a category named "Default" would be synchronized in "Geburtstag" calendar (which is the default calendar).
Birdy