migrate birdiesync from one computer to another

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mavericque

migrate birdiesync from one computer to another

Post by mavericque »

Hey all,

I have a new computer and would like to migrate birdiesync from the old computer to the new one. What is the best way to do it? I plan to copy Thunderbird's profile directory from the source machine to the target machine (in order to keep my mail and mail settings). Should I uninstall birdiesync beforehand on the source machine, then copy the profile directory and install freshly afterwards on the target machine (in other words loosely follow the procedure to upgrade birdiesync http://birdiesync.com/what-procedure-upgrade-birdiesync)?
I use only event synchronization.

Thanks!
Regards
Chris

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: migrate birdiesync from one computer to another

Post by Birdy »

Hello Chris,

Yes, I would copy Thunderbird profile on the new computer. Install again BirdieSync (on the mobile too), configure BirdieSync options (which calendars you wish to synchronize, etc.) and then synchronize as if it would the first time. You may choose the "Replace" option at the first synchronization to overwrite all the mobile device events with Thunderbird ones (caution: you will loose any events present on the mobile device and not in Thunderbird).

Before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.
Birdy