Thunderbird not connecting to BirdieSync

If BirdieSync 2.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
haering

Thunderbird not connecting to BirdieSync

Post by haering »

I have a problem with BirdieSync. I have Windows 7 64 bit and TB version 3.1.7.
But Thunderbird is not able to connect to BirdieSync.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Thunderbird not connecting to BirdieSync

Post by Birdy »

Hello haering,

Could you give me more details about the error message you get ?
Did you authorize Thunderbird to accept incoming connections with your Firewall ?
Is Thunderbird in On-line mode (not working off-line) ?
Do you use a version of BirdieSync compatible with Thunderbird 3.1 (BirdieSync 2.1.0.1 for Thunderbird 3.1.x) ?
Thanks.
Birdy

haering

Post by haering »

I don't know what error message occurs. I only can see that in Birdiesync the Thunderbird ist all the time disconnect. Even with Firewall disabled it isn't working. I'm using the newest Version of BirdieSync.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

When the synchronization starts, BirdieSync should try to connect to Thunderbird. An error message should be displayed if it fails for some reason.
Could you send your logs with the Thunderbird menu "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?
Thanks.
Birdy

mwerc

Post by mwerc »

I have the same. Is there any solution?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello mwerc,

Thunderbird remains disconnected until the synchronization is launched. If the synchronization is launched when you connect your mobile device (note that at least one category of items (contact, events, etc.) must be selected in BirdieSync Activation tab), then you should see an error message mentioning that the connection with Thunderbird was not possible. Which error message did you get ?
Thanks.
Birdy

doubledip

Post by doubledip »

Kind of discouraged by the Thunderbird statements on this thread, is it easier to work with Outlook once I get upgraded? I have run a few different application on my outlook as of late including scanpst.exe so I am quite sure I am ready to go with BirdieSync there, but Thunderbird is also always a viable option. Does anybody have any information that could help me out? I have been investigating IT jobs surrounding this issue but don't yet feel confident in my responses to potential interview questions.
Last edited by doubledip on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Stephen_C

Post by Stephen_C »

This is a very old thread. I have absolutely no problems synchronising my Lightning calendar (and Thunderbird contacts) with Pocket Informant and Android contacts (respectively) on my HTC Desire, using BirdieSync.

Stephen